Friday 6 September 2019

Restoran Wong Sheng, Ipoh - Appetizing Dinner.

It was a Friday evening in mid August. I normally do not cook dinner on Fridays because we usually eat out with friends.
Evening sky at 6:10 pm
Took this snapshot of the setting sun on our way to the restaurant.
After a long break, we went back to Restoran Wong Sheng in Desa Rishah, Ipoh.
This assorted vegetables coated with salted egg is our favourite dish.
And our favourite is the crispy lotus root slices.
Tofu with Chinese long cabbage, button mushrooms, cloud ears, and etc.
Deep fried black pomfret fish with appetizing sweet sour assam sauce.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are of the same plant. I thought this plant was gone for good. It was a pleasant surprise to find the plant growing back again out of the blue after staying dormant for so long.
I love the colour and the shine on the leaves.
Can someone help to identify this plant?
When placed in the shade away from direct sunlight, the colour of the leaves turned darker.


Or what do you think the Scripture means when it says
that the Holy Spirit, whom God has placed within us,
watches over us with tender jealousy?
(James 4:5, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. I can't identify this plant, but these dishes look really appetizing!
    Have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I'm no help in identifying that plant! Have a wonderful weekend, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to be able to catch up with friends over dinner.

    I dont know the name of this plant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No idea what this plant is, but sure it is pretty. I would love to taste your delicious cookings. Wishing a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta. Lovely weekend to you too!

      Delete
  5. Oh my what a wonderful dinner. I would have loved to sample each dish.

    I don't know what kind of a plant that is, but it is most beautiful. I'm glad it returned.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous weekend too!

      Delete
  6. Amazing plant. I can't identify it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful skies and wonderful food, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the crispy lotus root slices....yummy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The leaves are just gorgeous!!! Wish we knew what it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I just hope it will not disappear again.

      Delete
  10. Those dramatic, sweeping clouds are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The food you find and how it is cooked. Fabulous.

    I love the book of James.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found some photos online of red "thai caladium" that looks like your red heart shaped leaves. So pretty. where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I know it is a rare specie. If I remember correctly, I think a friend gave it to me.

      Delete
  13. La planta es preciosa y también creo que es Caladium. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty plant. I think mun & Teresa might have identified it for you. The food looks very tasty and the sky is quite dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like some kind of calladium from the shape of the leaf.

    Oh got salted egg veggies now heh.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...