Tuesday 10 September 2019

Breakfast And Home Made Steamed Coconut Buns

A friend informed me that she has found a new stall selling assam laksa in our area. The very next day, after the rain stopped we went to Eat Fresh, along Lorong Taman 13, Taman Pertama to try the assam laksa noodle.
Hubby ordered the pig's stomach noodle from the 1st stall on the left.
I ordered a bowl of assam laksa from the last stall on the right.
I added a piece of yong tau foo and a meat balls.
*     *     *     *     *
I wanted to make steamed buns with grated coconut filling. So after breakfast, I bought some grated coconut from the wet market. 
Cooked grated coconut with palm sugar.
My home made steamed grated coconut buns.
They may not be well shaped but they are soft and fluffy steamed buns.
*     *     *     *     *
More photos from our visit to the Flea Market, Ipoh.
Mostly were there to see and not to buy.
Metal pots and containers.
The one on the front left is a grain scoop.
These 3 containers are for measuring grains especially rice.


But Jesus knew their thoughts,
so he stool a little child beside him and said to them,
"Anyone who takes care of a little child like this is caring for me!
And whoever cares for me is caring for God who sent me.
Your care for others is the measure of your greatness."
(Luke 9:48, The Living Bible-TLB)

56 comments:

  1. Wah! You can make your own pau! How I wish I could have one hee..hee..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could imagine how nice is your bun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things look interesting at the market and that sounds sweet buns to taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a genius! Those coconut buns look absolutely delicious! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I enjoy seeing old implements and guessing what they were used for. Some are easier to figure out than others. Thank Nancy for stopping by, I hope that your are enjoying your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That coconut filling looks so GOOD! I want to have one of those homemade buns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my your foodie posts make my mouth water. Yummy.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fascinating food photos! Quite different from what we see around here.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/09/a-visitor.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. İlginç yemekler 😊 blog yazılarıni seviyorum ilginc yerler ilginç yemekler görmek çok güzel...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good Nancy, Well done, Yum,yum,yum. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home made buns must be very tasty! I like to visit flea market and night market, a lot of things to see and buy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coconut buns must be delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your buns look lovely. I wish I could taste one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He comido psstelitos de coco, pero nunca he probado bollos de coco. Debe saber sabroso.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  15. The buns do look fluffy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanna taste the filling, Nancy! Please, some extra filling for my bun :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Miły dzień , pyszne bułeczki i wizyta na targu z fajnymi przedmiotami to jest super:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to go there to look...I would want to buy but would not because I don't eed any more stuff! I am trying to get rid of stuff, not bring it in. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am in the midst of sorting through my stuffs. There are many things that I need to clear and give away.

      Delete
  19. Oh I really like the buns~ Great photos
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those buns look so good! I love going to the market with you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Los bollos de coco se ven muy buenos. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Assam laksa always makes my mouth water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Nancy

    We're visiting Penang and Kl in January. Do you have recommendations on places to eat in Penang?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We welcome you. I have visited your blog and have listed a few links in my comment.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...