Thursday 5 September 2019

Greetings From My Garden

We have mostly cloudy sky and rain for the past 2 days and this morning due to heavy rain, we didn't go for our early morning walk. Once the rain stopped, I went out to the garden to check out my plants.
 I found a wild mushroom beside a flower pot.
 Flower of the stubby okra plant.
 Happy to see these little stubby okras.
 Long purple eggplants
 Daikon or white radish.
The last harvest and will take a rest before planting these again.
 Purple custard apple aka sugar apple.
 The birds were eating this fig before I went into the garden.
Might as well leave it to them to enjoy.
 This fig was half gone and now I have to wrap my figs in transparent plastic.
I used plastic which makes it easier for me to check on the figs.
 I managed to harvest a few of my figs.
 With the birds eyeing my figs, I cannot leave the figs to ripen on the plant.
 Once the green fig turns light yellow, it is time to harvest.
Both the birds and I are keeping a close watch on these figs.
 Blue plumbago
 When exposed to the hot sun, the blue is a lighter shade.
 Miniature hibiscus.
Purple Mexican Petunias aka Purple Shower".

Linking to Good Fences.

So overflowing is his kindness toward us that he took away
all our sins through the blood of his Son, by whom we are saved;
and he has showered down upon us the richness of his grace -
for how well he understands us and know what is best for us at all times.
(Ephesians 1:7-8, The Living Bible-TLB)

58 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful range of fruit in your garden, Nancy. You enjoy it all no doubt, and I am happy that the birds got just a little of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David. Whoever is earlier gets to enjoy the fruits. Lol!

      Delete
  2. Piękny jest Twój ogród i rosną w nim cudowne rośliny. Bardzo ładne fotografie.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plants look happy after rainfall :)
    I have the same problem with yours about the figs, the birds did not want to share with me. They ate all of them before the fruits turn into yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evi. Forced to wrap up the figs to prevent the birds from eating up all our figs. Lol!

      Delete
  4. You have such a bountiful garden! The birds must love your figs a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. There is a figs war going on in my garden. Lol!

      Delete
  5. ...Nancy, you certainly have a beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. At least it keeps me occupied.

      Delete
  6. That mushroom is as beautiful as a flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weather has been hot but good for the plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially those plants that need plenty of sunlight.

      Delete
  8. you have such a lovely garden! I love to eat custard apples, you did well planting them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a beautiful garden and a wonderful green thumb.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blessings
    oh what a lovely garden you have but i see those bugs are intent on harvesting before you do. My brother loves gardening and figs as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. The birds wanted to have their share of my fruits.

      Delete
  11. I hope the rain helps your garden to flourish and the covers to figs will keep birds away but let them eating some will be good too. Lovely capture on flowers and I do like the shadow of stamina of hibiscus.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely garden! Got vegetables, got fruits, got flowers! I like!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your garden! Figs are a favorite of mine. I used to make spiced fig preserves and it was delicious! I seldom see figs in grocery stores here so one is fortunate to have a tree or plant in their own yard. Sadly, I do not.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the hibiscus flower the most!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are beautiful garden greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Se ven sabrosos los higos. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The wild mushroom is so pretty! It looks like it has petals like a flower would. Gorgeous blue Plumbago as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your garden is so beautiful Nancy. That flower form the mushroom is very beautiful. You must have a green thumb my friend. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blue plumbago is so beautiful. I love when you show us your garden....

    ReplyDelete
  20. You need a rest when harvests are too bountiful! Guess at least no such problem with the figs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have a really productive garden, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely flowers! I guess the birds like a tasty treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not easy to hide the ripening figs from the birds.

      Delete
  23. Next week, I will look for you! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurry up or else the fruits and vegetable will stop fruiting!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...