Saturday 14 September 2019

Gifts Of Homemade Mooncakes.

Some of my friends celebrated the mid-autumn festival aka the lantern festival yesterday (13th Sept). As usual, we were blessed with mooncakes given to us by friends and neighbours.
 We received this box of agar-agar mooncakes from our neighbour.
 For the past few years, we received these homemade agar-agar mooncakes from our neighbour.
 We cut a mooncake to try and it has red bean filling.
 A friend gave us the above 2 mooncakes. After cutting, I suddenly remembered that I haven't taken a photo of the mooncakes.
 Left: Snow skin mooncake with salted egg yolk (green instead of white skin)
Right: Mooncake with assorted nuts filling.
*     *     *     *     *
These dogs are regulars at the recreational park.
 This dog also walks and plays in the park with its friends.
Time to take a rest before resuming the walk.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

Get all the advice you can and be wise the rest of your life.
(Proverbs 19:20, The Living Bible-TLB)

47 comments:

  1. I bought 2 mooncakes this year, a lotus with yolk and golden pandan. We got 2 boxes from friends. I like snow skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though we didn't buy any, we still get to eat some mooncakes.

      Delete
  2. I haven't never heard of mooncakes, but they look so skilfully done and delicious of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bolos muito bem trabalhados e devem de ser deliciosos, aproveito para desejar um bom fim-de-semana.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    Livros-Autografados

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, the mooncakes look delicious. I would love the lantern festival. Cute captures of the dogs. Thank you for sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...they look yummy, enjoy your weekend Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Se ven lindos los pasteles. Feliz tarde.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like he's waiting patiently! Your treats sure are beautiful to photograph..too pretty to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pictures. Like them.
    My contribution: https://deramateurphotograph.de/2019/09/13/079-sonnar-f2-8-180mm-bilder-mit-der-sony-a7r-2/

    Have a nice weekend.

    Bernhard

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful mooncakes!
    Mooncake with salted egg looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mooncakes are gorgeous! WAY too pretty to cut or eat. Good thing you have pictures now to remember them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too think they are too pretty to eat but they can't keep for long, even if kept in the fridge.

      Delete
  11. wow! red bean fillings inside agar agar mooncake? must be difficult to make!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, looks interesting!    

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pięknie wygląda choć pierwszy raz o tym słysze.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Precious pups.

    Someday i would like to try a mooncake. Just the name sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mooncakes! I love the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those jelly mooncakes. Especially the blue fishy with its translucent skin.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the packaging. I have never tasted agar agar mooncakes before. What a handsome dog or was it a girl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These agar agar mooncakes were gifts from my neighbour.

      Delete
  18. I have never had mooncakes before, they look amazing so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would love and enjoy the mooncakes.

      Delete
  19. Wowo, these mooncakes look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never had agar2 mooncake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer agar2 mooncake because they are without oil and less sweet.

      Delete
  21. The mooncakes are almost too pretty to cut!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...