Monday 3 August 2020

Stewed Duck + Lotus Root For Lunch And Dinner

Woke up early because our son was going back to the city early. He came back to Ipoh with his friends who were visiting and enjoying Ipoh food for the long weekend. They decided to start early to avoid being caught in the traffic jam. The drive was smooth without much traffic and  they reached their destination at about 7:30 am.
Its nice walking in the early hours of the morning when the air is cool and fresh.
This time I managed to snap our shadows cast by the street lights behind us.
Just as we were finishing our walk, I received a voice message informing us that there was curry noodle waiting for us at our regular coffee shop.
Our friend bought breakfast for herself and she bought our share too.
I took snapshots of these pretty pink flowers by the roadside on our walk home after breakfast.
According to Google Lens, these are identified as Allamanda blanchetii.
These birds were too fast for me. This is the best I can get. No time to zoom.
~~~~~
Home cooked lunch.
In my fridge, I had duck and lotus root. I decided to cook stewed duck with lotus root. I cooked enough for lunch and dinner.
For lunch, 1 cooked noodle. We had stewed duck+lotus root with noodle.
Simple lunch for 2 people.
~~~~~
Dinner
I steamed Basmathi rice and re-heated the stewed duck.
Stewed Duck + Lotus Root.
Raw vegetables + sambal dried prawns.
Green okra freshly harvested from my garden, Japanese cucumber given by a friend and yellow capsicum from the supermarket. I kept the leftover in the fridge and next day, ate them as snack.
Simple dinner for hubby and I.

Your laws are wonderful. No wonder I obey them!
The teaching of your word gives light,
so even the simple can understand.
(Psalm 119:129-130, New Living Translation-NLT)

40 comments:

  1. simple yet homely meals! I like stewed duck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jedzenie pysznie wygląda , lubię kaczkę .
    Piękne kwiaty . Miłego dnia:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend is so kind to buy breakfast for you and your hubby as well. Raw vegetables with sambal is very appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful homemade meals, Nancy. I love lotus roots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I've never see lotus root, but it looks similar to the pods, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time, I will take a snapshot of the lotus root to show.

      Delete
  6. The raw veggies look nice.
    Like that flower, it's pretty.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the long shadows! And love those pink flowers...they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pink Alamandra flowers! I am happy you get to spend time with your son and that meal with your husband looks very healthy and enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful walk. The flowers are beautiful and the food is yummy as always.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious stewed duck with lotus roots. I could eat them for a few meals until they are finished. I don't know how to appreciate sambal so I would just enjoy the vegetables raw without sambal. Raw okra is very tasty. Some vegetables can't be eaten raw. I believe french bean shouldn't be eaten raw. Have you eaten French beans raw before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't eaten French beans raw but have eaten long beans raw.

      Delete
  12. I miss early morning walks
    I have also never tried duck

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's wonderful when a child calls to texts to say s/he is safe and has arrived where they were driving. We parents do worry a bit.

    The morning does look very inviting for a walk. Pretty flowers, too.

    You have wonderful neighbors that they buy food for you, i know you do for them, too, that is what being a neighbor is about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. We neighbours share our food with one another.

      Delete
  14. The allamanda blanchetti colour is so soft and sweet. Do you wish to plant this climber flower at home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more collecting flowering plants. Now I focus on edibles.

      Delete
  15. I seldom eat vegetables raw like these.

    ReplyDelete
  16. La comida siempre es interesante. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to have people buying food for you.

    Hmm I haven't cooked duck in a while. The last one produced lots of oil which put me off repeating the experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I cook the duck, I usually try to remove the excess fat and skin from the duck.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...