Thursday 9 December 2021

Chili Pan Mee, Curry Chicken Mee & Turmeric Honey Prawns

This was a Saturday morning. Our breakfast venue was in Menglembu. The place that hubby wanted to go to was closed, so we went to another nearby coffee shop. Coincidentally, the stall selling yellow glutinous rice with curry chicken was also closed. So, we both ended up ordering something new form other stalls for breakfast.

There are a few stalls to choose from and I finally decided to order the above chili pan mee the dry version.
It came with a bowl of soup with 2 meat balls.
I just took the 2 meat balls and after a sip of the soup, I left it alone.
The noodle was quite nice and I managed to finish the whole bowl because of the chili sauce.
Hubby ordered the above wonton noodle with chicken curry.
It came with 3 pieces of chicken and 2 pieces of potato.
Hubby likes the chicken curry but he prefer the noodle to be a bit softer.
~~~~~
I had big prawns and fresh turmeric roots in the fridge.
 so I decided to make Turmeric Honey Prawns for dinner.
I also had some cabbage and king oyster mushrooms.
So I combined both to make a dish for dinner.
This was our no rice dinner for 2 people.
Pan fried turmeric honey prawns.
Ingredients for marinate: Pounded turmeric and garlic mixed with honey, oyster sauce, chili powder and some salt to taste.

Jehovah is King! He is robed in majesty and strength.
The world is his throne.
O Lord, you have reigned from prehistoric times,
from the everlasting past.
The mighty oceans thunder your praise.
You are mightier than all the breakers
pounding on the seashores of the world!
Your royal decrees cannot be changed.
Holiness is forever the keynote of your reign.
(Psalm  93:1-5, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. The Wonton Noodle dish looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all that you had today. What prawns are those, so big? Tiger prawns? They do not look like udang galah, the freshwater ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, STP. I didn't ask the seller but I think they do look like tiger prawns or similar.

      Delete
  3. I also don't drink the soup provided with noodles unless they are soup boiled for a long time with meat or vegetables. Wow! The prawns for your dinner sure look very very big. I guess got about ten of them? Both of you can finish the whole plate of prawns in one sitting for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem finishing all the prawns because we didn't take any rice. We each had about 5 prawns, not much. Hehehe.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Staying lockdown too long can be very boring and depressing too.

      Delete
  5. Your food again looks so yummy!
    I hope next year we have some food festivals again - it´s about time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your hubby, I would also go for noodles, chicken, potatoes. Sounds and looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yum 😁! The pan-fried turmeric honey prawn looks delicious 😀!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prawns are looking good...my husband would eat them..

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much wonderful food, yummy! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...I' like to order the prawns please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a pity the soup was disappointing but everything else looks delicious! I am going to try the marinade recipe!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia. Hope you find the recipe good.

      Delete
  12. I can't take my eyes off honey prawns!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. El probar con comidas hechas fuera de casa, siempre tienes la posibilidad de que algo no te guste.
    Hoy me voy a quedar con esos langostinos fritos con cúrcuma y miel, y voy a intentar hacerlos en casa, ya que los ingredientes son fáciles de conseguir aquí, y porque me encanta todo lo que lleve miel, además de que nunca los he probado así.
    Gracias, Nancy, por compartir.
    Que tengas un feliz día.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Manuel. Hope you enjoy the recipe.

      Delete
  14. Honey Prawns & noodles look great Nancy. Yum, yum.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh the food. Oh the food. Fabulous. I ate some of each dish.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your recipe sounds so good and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Que ricos langostinos te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sound like quite a delicious day! Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also try to avoid soups like that, think they are mainly MSG. This stall uses nice plates.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...