Saturday 4 December 2021

Prawn Noodles, Garlic Butter Prawns & Char Choy Soup

Our younger son came home to visit the last weekend of November, one weekend after the elder son visited. This was last Friday of November and younger son will only be reaching home after lunch.

After morning walk, we drove to Menglembu new township for prawn noodles. We ordered a cup of kopi-C kosong to share.
Back home in my garden.
The green brinjals seem to like the rainy season.
The only problem is keeping a look out for the mealy bugs that like to attack the brinjal plants.
~~~~~
Simple lunch in Falim.
We ordered a bowl of porridge, red bean tong sui (sweet porridge) and some fried fritters for 2 people.
2 pieces of fried yam bean fritters and 2 pieces of enoki mushroom fritters.
~~~~~
Home cooked dinner for 3 people.
Fried garlic butter prawns.
Younger son requested for prawns minus the shells.
Blanched lettuce, drizzled with garlic oil, oyster and soy sauce.
Soup
Ingredients used: Salted Sichuan vegetable (char choy), tomatoes, carrots and 1 small kampung chicken (free range chicken).
~~~~~
A friend sent me the following bird photos.
Bird photos credited to BKC.
Can someone help confirm the identify of this bird?
Is this an egret?
This bird has been walking on the fence surrounding my friend's house. Inspecting the nice surrounding and probably wanting to make it home here.
Thank you, friend for sharing the photos.


No, I don't need your sacrifices of flesh and blood.
What I want from you is your true thanks;
I want your promises fulfilled.
I want you to trust me in your times of trouble,
so I can rescue you and you can give me glory.
(Psalm 50:13-15, The Living Bible-TLB)

54 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had good visits with your sons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. Haven't seen them for almost 10 months since the 2nd lockdown started.

      Delete
  2. Oooooo...the prawn noodles look gorgeous, and the fried fritters and fried garlic butter prawns too. Drooling!!!

    Yes, we have a lot of those egrets here once, dunno where they migrated here from. Now only a few, very few left. There is one in my neighbourhood, for many years now - still here!!! ONE only!
    https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2012/11/24/looking-for-love/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, STP. I think those egrets are migratory birds and some might have chosen to stay behind. I have seen a few here too.

      Delete
  3. no idea about the bird but isnt it beautiful and with a beak like that looks like a bird that flies into deep water to catch fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty. I think it is a migratory bird that chooses to stay and adopt this as its home.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Samyew. If you are a blogger, do leave me your blog link so that I can return your visit.

      Delete
  5. The green brinjals look so GOOD. Love those succulent prawns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your brinjals looked healthy.

    I like to taste the fried fritters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I know you will love the fritters.

      Delete
  7. Great food as always. Cattle Egret it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Nancy
    I am so glad your sons came for a visit, they are happy times. The food all looks delicious. Great photos of the Cattle Egret. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Happy weekend to you too.

      Delete
  9. The bird does look like egret. I love to eat the prawns you cook for dinner, so juicy and big. Your prawns noodles in the morning looks very flavours. Can please share the name of the shop? Maybe later can go for daytrip to menglembu to eat this prawn noodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Restaurant Lou Fa Fa Lou (6886), 71, Jalan Kledang Timur 1, Taman Bandar Baru, 31450 Ipoh, Perak (Menglembu New Township).

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I will write it down in my to-eat list. 👍😋

      Delete
  10. ...on this cold morning it's wonderful to see your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does look like a cattle egret...what a neat sighting! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll tell you what I do to eliminate mealybugs, yes, when there are few.
    I place a piece of cotton on a toothpick (as if it were a swab) and soak it with alcohol. With this I am eliminating them. This method does not work when it is a pest that has taken the whole plant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Norma. I will try out your method. Hope it works.

      Delete
  13. Belle le tue foto, i piatti sono molto invitanti!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fried garlic butter prawns, yum, yum, yum. I could eat them and eat them.


    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you had time with your sons
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's wonderful that you got to spend time with both of your boys.

    The food looks good, and so does your garden. Fascinating bird, i wonder if it eats bugs? Maybe it could eat the bugs off your plants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. I wish the birds visiting my garden will help to eat up all the bugs from my garden.

      Delete
  17. Good food 😁! Thanks for sharing 😃.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Los fideos con gambas se ven muy ricos. Al igual que los bueñuelos te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  19. As others have already said, the bird is a Cattle Egret. Nice friend to have!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never seen brinjal this length, and they look healthy in your pots. The fried things are mouth-watering. Beautiful egret!

    Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  21. The bird looks like an egret. I have seen one years ago when on my way to work it was by a ditch and was drinking water from it. I was surprised to see it! I am glad your sons are able to visit you! Your food looks delicious and so does your plants. It is colder today than Saturday although it was more windy Sat than today! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beckyl. Stay warm and stay safe. Have a blessed new week.

      Delete
  22. The garlic butter prawns look delicious. I want to cook it too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The prawn noodle broth looks nice and thick.

    Good that your sons can come back now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, haven't seen them for almost 10 months.

      Delete
  24. Me alegra que estés feliz con tus hijos. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...