Thursday 23 December 2021

Dry Curry Noodle, Stewed Chicken Feet & Blanched Broccoli

Our day started with a gloomy sky.

Morning walk started at about 6:58am.
View of Kledang Hill at 7:16am.
Dry curry noodle at Restoran Yee Fatt, Jalan Kampar.
This is the only place that I will order dry curry noodle with curry chicken with bbq pork (char siew). I like their thick curry gravy.
Skinny, under nourished Celtuce Lettuce.
First time growing this. I should have sowed the seeds in a bigger pot.
What a waste, I left the Celtuce Lettuce to grow until it flowered. I finally got rid of them when I tidied up my garden yesterday evening.
These are my taro plants. Hope to harvest some taro from these plants.
Stewed chicken feet with dried shiitake mushrooms, carrot and etc.
This is one of hubby's favourite dishes. Sorry, it may be gross to some people but this dish is packed with collagen. The chicken feet provide plenty of cartilage and tendons which is good for the skin and help to relieve joint pain.
Blanched broccoli and carrot, drizzled with garlic oil, oyster and soy sauce.
Instead of steamed rice, I cooked dried non-fried instant noodle (Cintan brand).
We finally had our booster dose 10 days ago. Thanks to a dear friend, we got our preferred booster dose from this place. Let it be 3 doses of the same type. We reached there about 2pm and joined the short queue with only 4 to 5 people before us. Let this booster be the last!

Yes, our natural lives will fade as grass does
when it becomes all brown and dry.
All our greatness is like a flower that droops and falls;
but the Word of the Lord will last forever.
And his message is the Good News that was preached to you.
(1 Peter 1:24-25, The Living Bible-TLB)

43 comments:

  1. I would never have guessed this was lettuce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many varieties and this one has a slight fragrance.

      Delete
  2. Dry curry noodle and chicken looks fantastic! Glad to know you had your booster jab.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try the dry curry noodles. We do not have that here. Even curry mee, not a common dish here - Foochows, not really into things spicy. LOL!!! Phoenix claws!!! No, thank you! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here we have different types of curry noodles from lemak to spicy.

      Delete
  4. I miss the chicken feet! It looks so good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had my booster last Monday, about 10 days ago. Took Pfizer.

    Never cooked stewed chicken feet at home. Only eat when dine outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. That means I had it one day later than you.

      Delete
  6. Hmmmm, that dry curry noodle sounds very yummy!!
    Taro? Oh, you have so much that is unknown to me!
    But chicken feet would make me run away indeed, LOL. Please pass over the broccoli instead.

    Here in Germany they already speak of the next dose. How long will this go on and how useful will it be. I think (here at least) some "just" make good money of it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris. This pandemic has made some very rich.

      Delete
  7. the curry noodles looks appetizing! i will have to wait till next year to get my 3rd jab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got your booster, stay safe and healthy. I've never eaten chicken feet, but I know my great aunt did, she always made soup from them.It's good to eat healthy products, and sometimes we must overcome our preconceived notions. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Hugs and have a great day too.

      Delete
  9. I wish the covid doses do not extend or become a continuous process. Glad you got the booster. Great to know chicken legs are good for joint pains.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on getting your booster jab. Better err on the side of caution. I agree chicken feet is full of collagen goodness so I eat them too. Also because I like to eat them. I can imagine the dry curry noodles to be very tasty. Is my understanding correct that you didn't harvest any Celtuce Lettuce to cook and eat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Yes, I didn't any Celtuce lettuce. I will try to grow a new batch.

      Delete
  11. ...I'm glad that you received your booster, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great that you got your booster. My wife & I got them last week.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you got your booster shot.

    Love the curry. Looks fabulous. I've had chicken feet before, but not a fan. It's a texture thing I think.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vengo a saludarte y desearte unas Felices fiestas y un buena entrada de año.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

      Delete
  15. Love your review as always ))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your morning sky shots have great appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so done with this covid stuff. But I'm glad I have my booster.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry the lettuce didn't work out. Sometimes i guess when you grow something new, you have to learn the best ways, just like anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. I hope to get some seeds to try again.

      Delete
  19. Hace tiempo que no como patas de pollo, tu guiso de ellas se ve bien. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always look enviously at the dry curry from this place!

    So the Celtuce Lettuce wasn't edible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not that the Celtuce lettuce wasn't edible. They were so skinny that somehow I just let them be until they started to flower.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...