Saturday 18 December 2021

Prawn Noodle & Curry Noodle (Pan Mee)

This was Monday morning. We started out early for our morning walk.

Sunrise at 7:28am
Sunrise at 7:48am
~~~~~
Breakfast in Restoran Meng Meng Kee, Menglembu.
Yummy prawn noodle.
This place also serve yummy loh mee.
Sky shot from the Aeon Big, Falim car park at 2:15pm.
I was planning to have lunch at Sin Yin Loong Cafe at Aeon Big but was disappointed to find that it was closed for good.
In the end, we ended up trying out the above curry pan mee at one of the stalls. We were recommended to try their pan mee. Curry is tasty and the pan mee texture is good too.
~~~~~
What's for dinner?
Blanched broccoli and whatever brinjal and long beans harvested from the garden. Dressed with garlic oil and Kewpie roasted sesame dressing.
Hubby wanted porridge, so boiled plain rice porridge for him.
He likes his plain rice porridge with salted egg and fermented bean curd.
2 hard boiled eggs for me.
This was my dinner: Blanched broccoli with hard boiled eggs.
The last time I saw this grasshopper, it was clinging onto one of my brinjal leaves. The brinjal flower looked like a spotlight shining down on the grasshopper. I used a long metal pincer to catch hold of the grasshopper and placed it on a roadside bush far away from the front of my house. I told the grasshopper to stay there and it is no longer welcome into my garden. So far, so good, no sign of the grasshopper. Hope it likes the bush.


Do everything without complaining and arguing,
so that no one can criticize you.
Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like
bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.
Hold firmly to the word of lie; then, on the day of Christ's return,
I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and
that my work was not useless.
(Philippians 2:14-16, New Living Translation-NLT)

53 comments:

  1. Great shot of your little friend the grasshopper. Your kindness to him is admirable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I think the grasshopper has found a new home.

      Delete
  2. Prawn noodles look really good, the curry pan mee too. I have not gone out to eat for a while now, raining here most every morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, have been raining last few days. Today is clear and sunny.

      Delete
  3. The curry pan mee looks so appetizing! Beautiful sunrise shots, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some day, a plain porridge with salted egg sounds so comforting and satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked you dinner, best thing to eat before sleep. Hope the grasshopper got the message LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shiju. I think it got the message, so far no sign of the grasshopper.

      Delete
  6. So much wonderful food, yummy! Love the clouds, too, and the pictures of the grasshopper. How big are the grasshoppers? Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. I think it is about 4 inches or more. Have a great new week.

      Delete
  7. Lovely start to the day!
    Sad when shops close, so many here.... the curry looks very yummy, though. And broccoli, YUM. My pickled egg says hi :-)
    Do you know Maya the Bee? One of her friends is a grasshopper, too, his name is... well, "Flip" :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris. Maya the Bee sounds like an interesting book which I would enjoy reading.

      Delete
  8. Good that the grasshopper obeys your order! Like the morning sunshine and the midday sky.
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha 😀, what do your husband think about you talking to the grasshopper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha..he didn't know. He will just say that I am crazy.

      Delete
  10. Hello,
    Pretty sky, looks like a day start to your day. The food looks yummy, I would love the prawns and noodles. I hope the grasshopper stays away from your plants, great photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and family.

      Delete
  11. ...such a beautiful blue sky with puffy clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prawn noodle sure looks tasty Nancy. I went out to order my seafood antipasto for Christmas. I can't have Christmas dinner without my seafood antipasto. YUM.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. Merry Christmas to you and family.

      Delete
  13. I love the big beautiful sky with the puffy clouds! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a morning walk stimulates the appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum to all your dishes.
    I love anything and everything prawns, your prawn noodles made me crave for some. You sunrise pic looks awesome.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. The broccoli looks very good, and those are pretty skies. Mr. Grasshopper, stay away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. So sign of the grasshopper so far.

      Delete
  17. Biggest Grass Hopper I every seen
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks yum...have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely grasshoper and of course nice food

    ReplyDelete
  20. that grasshopper is crazy! I have never seen one like that. Beautiful skies as well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Me encantó tu comida, la foto del saltamontes te quedó muy bien. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Curry pan mee... Ipoh sellers are innovative. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. I like the texture of pan mee compared to the normal yellow pan mee.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...