Thursday 16 December 2021

New Tires For My Proton Wira

It was a Sunday morning. Got up early to prepare for church. We have been attending online church since the 2nd lockdown and this will be our first physical church after many months.

Morning sky at 7:18am.
Church starts at 8:45am. We had plenty of time for breakfast in town. 
Advent candles and altar flowers.
It was 3rd Advent Sunday.
On Monday, had the plant nursery sent these 2 pomelo plants to my sister-in-law who is staying in another state. This is my first time sending live plants through delivery service provider. Everything will be taken care of by the plant nursery including wrapping, packing and sending of the plants.
When my sister-in-law received the plants the next day, she took a snapshot to send to me to show that the plants have arrived in good condition.
There was a small crack in one of the back tires of my car and it was time to get new tires. Amazingly I have been using the tires for about 12 years. Since my retirement, I only drive this car short distance and I hardly get to use it during this pandemic.
While waiting for the tires to be fixed, I took this snapshot of these on the wall. The 2 front tires are still quite new and in good condition, so they were moved to the back. The 2 new tires went to the front. With a brand new car battery (got one last week) and 2 new tires, I am now poorer by a few hundred RM. Sigh...
~~~~~
What was for dinner?
The remaining portion of pork leg in black vinegar.
The last 2 white bitter gourds and some chive buds from my garden with carrot, sauteed with garlic and preserved black beans.
It was a wonderful and satisfying dinner with steamed rice on a cool, rainy evening.

No matter what happens, always be thankful,
for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. That delivery service provider is a really good way to ship plants. Tasty looking dishes once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Wira too - my missus drives it, she is more comfortable with it. I have a Proton Saga - Executive for 3 years now but we hardly go anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice car to drive in but now that I am getting older, I find it too low when getting in and out of the car.

      Delete
  3. Yay for the real thing again!!
    First time I see a pomelo plant - we do get pomelos here since a couple of years. Great the plants made it!

    12 years with one set of tires?!
    I had the same with... boots. The plastic gave in!
    I am so glad I have no car no more.

    Hmmm. Brekkie is in the making here now soon! Not as yummy as your food. But, alas ;-)

    P.S. I corrected my post on your behalf... not six monitors in a row but spread in pairs through the condo .We´re not that important ;-)
    Thank you. I´m not good at explaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maintaining a car can be expensive. Ooops. So sorry about the confusion over the 6 monitors. I was thinking that your work need 6 monitors.

      Delete
  4. I heard from my partner that good tyres are expensive. Since you have not changed yours for 12 years, if you spread the cost over that period, it's not so bad. I have seen plants being sold on Lazada and I was concerned about the delivery. But it looks like the ones you sent to you SIL arrived in good condition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed the tires because one of them has a leak. I too worried about the plants delivery but now am convinced that it can be done without damaging the plants.

      Delete
  5. Lots of wonderful food! Glad you enjoyed being able to go to church again. Your tyres held a long time, so a change was due. It will make the car safer. Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. There is a tiny crack in it and change is a must.

      Delete
  6. ...new tires are expensive these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The plant delivery service did a really good job! And the altar flowers are very pretty.
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The plants have been sent with due care, and that's a long time use of tires. We usually change tires once in 4 years, and we go at least one long trip a year, but the last two years were resting periods for our car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't feel the need to change the tires because the car is only for town use and short distance drive. We use another car for long distance driving.

      Delete
  9. I love pomelo (the fruit), and I'm impressed by the neat delivery of the pomelo plants to your SIL.
    Enjoy your car with the two new tires!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Duta. I can really feel the great difference with the new tires.

      Delete
  10. I have never tasted a pomelo, I see them in the supermarket so will try one next time I have the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Я тоже никогда раньше не отправляла саженцы почтой...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yo sembré en una ocasión una planta de pomelo, pero por el clima tan tórrido que tenemos en el Sur de España, no aguantó ni llegó a dar fruto.
    A veces y aunque se circule poco, merece la pena comprar neumáticos buenos porque resisten más años. Para mi doce años es impensable ya que hago más de cincuenta mil kilómetros al año.
    Y la comida de hoy tiene una pinta deliciosa, además, nunca vi ni probé pierna de cerdo con vinagre negro.
    Gracias, Nancy, por compartir lo cotidiano de un día tuyo.
    Abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love grapefruits but it won't grow here because the weather will not be suitable.

      Delete
  13. Good to see the plants are received in good condition. How long does it take to grow big and bear fruits? I guess many many years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't grow pomelos before but I think it won't take long because these are grafted.

      Delete
  14. So amazing; how long your tires have lasted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. We seldom use this car for long distance travelling.

      Delete
  15. A lot of churches here that have reopened are stil streaming services.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most churches here now have both physical and online services.

      Delete
  16. No matter what happens, always be thankful - YES. Your pork looks delicious in that black vinegar! And I love that photo you took of the hub caps, very artistic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Uy genial la decoración te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  18. Buenas plantas de pomelo. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's good to know your gift arrived in good condition.

    Keeping up a car is not easy or cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. Maintaining a car after retirement can be quite a burden.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...