Thursday 30 December 2021

Sweet Sour Pork Rib Noodle & Drunken Prawn Noodle Soup

We started our morning walk a bit later than usual.

Morning sky at 7:13am.
It turned out to be another cloudy day.
On the reverse side, view of Kledang Hill at 7:14am.
~~~~~
We had breakfast at one of our regular coffee shop.
I ordered sweet sour pork rib noodle (pan mee). It came with a bowl of clear soup with some green vegetable.  It tasted delicious to me. Hubby tried but he doesn't like the texture of pan mee.
Generous portion of pork rib. I don't mind ordering this again.
~~~~~
What did I cook for dinner? Since I had frozen prawns in the fridge and lots of home made raisin wine, I cooked drunken prawns soup.
Ingredients used: 8 big prawns, lots of ginger strips, goji berries, red dates, home made raisin wine, prawns and eggs.
I soaked and cooked mung bean or transparent noodles (toong fun).
We each had a bowl of drunken prawn noodle with 4 big prawns and we finished drinking all the soup. After my dinner I was almost drunk with the wine. I could feel the warm spreading through my whole body.  A great dinner to have on a cool rainy evening.

The night is far gone,
the day of his return will soon be here.
So quit the evil deeds of darkness and
put on the armor of right living,
as we who live in the daylight should!
Be decent and true in everything you do so
that all can approve your behavior.
Don't spend your time in wild parties and getting drunk
or in adultery and lust or fighting or jealousy.
(Romans 13:12-13, The Living Bible-TLB)

38 comments:

  1. Lovely morning you have, I can´t wait for the days getting longer and warmer and oh!
    I think your cooking is much better than ours, too.
    I had ribs once. I left hungry. They were from a grocery store, maybe not the best choice ;-) But then! You pay for it, so it should be yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris. I enjoy eating Western food but am not good in cooking Western style.

      Delete
  2. Interesting! I love sweet and sour pork ribs and drunken prawns too but I've never paired them with noodles. Love the look of your prawns, so very big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sunrise, have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet and sour pork rib noodle looks delicious 😀!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love your dinner. Huge prawns. You didn't put the tong hoon with the prawns yet when you took the photos? I couldn't see the tong hoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, the noodle is hidden under the prawns and egg.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful skies and even better looking food. I want your breakfast. It's close to breakfast time here. You two eat so very well.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous New Year.

      Delete
  7. I love your bible verse for today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Nancy,:=) Your Breakfast looks delicious, pork is one of my favourite dishes, but I would probably have it for dinner. The other dish with huge prawns and raisin wine seems interesting, and the name "Drunken" Prawn Noodle is a good indication of how one can feel after eating it!!:=))

    ReplyDelete
  9. The prawns looks so delicious. I miss being able to buy ones that are not frozen! Love the sky shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I see fresh prawns, I will buy to stock up in the freezer.

      Delete
  10. yummy food! Visiting from Rain's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you cook the wine long enough, the alcohol evaporates, but then where's the fun in that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will only add the wine when the soup is ready and cook for a short while before I off the fire.

      Delete
  12. Ricos fideos. Te mando un abrazo y te deseo un feliz año para ti y tu familia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those prawns look mighty good.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  14. La comida se ve muy bien. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Certainly a big portion of ribs there. The prawn soup you made is also chock full of good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...