Friday 30 September 2016

Gaharu Products And Benefits.

This is a continuation of yesterday's post. If you have missed it, you can click here to read it. It was a 2nd visit for hubby and myself but it was a pleasure to visit again with our friends.
Organic crop. Chemical is prohibited.
Benefits of drinking gaharu leaves tea - claimed to overcome asthma, diabetes, prostate cancer, gout, kidney problems, constipation, skin disorder, hypertension, headache. It is also claimed to act as antidepressant, anti-aging skin, lose weight, add energy, soothe sleep disorders, etc.
Gaharu Technologies Sdn. Bhd.
Gaharu plantation and clear blue sky.
Visitors preparing to take group photos under the signboard.
A Gaharu tree in flower pot = MYR 106 ( 25.74 USD).
A Gaharu seedling = MYR 40.30 ( 9.79 USD).
Gaharu retail shop selling gaharu products.
Entrance to the retail shop.
There is free tasting of Gaharu hot tea.
Products for sale: Gaharu tea, gaharu instant, cookies, gaharu instant noodles, nougat, gaharu oil, gaharu wood chip, gaharu seedling & soup mix.
I bought a pkt of chicken soup mix & a pkt of chi kut teh to try.
The price of 1 pkt MYR 12.17 ( 2.96 USD).
Items on display.
We have tasted the gaharu ice-cream and it has a very unique taste.
A section of gaharu trunk showing darken and harden centre which is the most costly and valuable part of the tree.
Sunrise
Linking to Skywatch Friday.

No one can redeem the life of another
or give to God a ransom for them -
the ransom for a life is costly, no payment is ever enough -
so that they should live on forever and not see decay.
(Psalm 49:7-9, New International Version-NIV)

39 comments:

  1. Nice post . Awesome photography dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. That is what they claimed. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. Show us your chicken soup & chi kut teh after you cook it, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, I will. He he..Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  4. Propriedades muito interessantes tem esta planta o Gaharu.
    Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More people are learning about the benefits of this tea.

      Delete
  5. I didn't know that gaharu has curative properties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Proving that a good cup of tea does you the world of good!
    Lovely sunrise photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. I am learning to appreciate a good cup of tea. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  7. Amazing the amount of things it can help. Interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard a lot about this gaharu but have not tried any of the products yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have tasted the tea there and this is the first time I bought the soup mix. Will taste and post about it but first must get the chicken first.

      Delete
  9. So many things are organic now. Sometimes they don't look all that appealing and the prices are very high. I hope it catches on though.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Sandee. These herbal teas are not cheap.

      Delete
  10. Great information, and beautiful photos, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think my favorite here is the path in the plantation. So beautiful with the brilliant blue sky! I can't imagine what the ice-cream tastes like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. That is also my favourite photo. It is not easy to describe about the taste of ice-cream. My hubby doesn't like the taste because he said it had a green/raw taste.

      Delete
  12. Nancy Gahare tree looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a nice spot for purchasing specialty products!! Nice captures!! A beautiful sunrise!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had never heard of that tree or the tea from it before.I learned something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yogi. I have only learned about it recently. Have a great day!

      Delete
  15. Thank you, dear. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post dear!Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beauty. Have a lovely day and a great new week!

      Delete
  17. I love these posts where I get to be a tourist and go sight seeing.Wow- that is such an interesting place. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  18. That trunk section particularly catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It also caught my attention and I was all ears to the briefing by the attendant.

      Delete
  19. RM106 for a small plant... woohoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for a small plant with a clay flower pot. Those in black plastic bags cost MYR 40.30 only.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...