Thursday 15 September 2016

Assam Laksa, Mee Siam & Nyonya Kuih For Lunch.

Just as I was thinking of making a cup of hot drink for lunch, hubby mentioned that he was hungry and asked me whether I wanted anything to eat. I was going to answer no when suddenly I answered, "yes, let us go to this new place". And that was how we were at this new place in Canning Garden without any planning on our part.

We came to know of this new place through a friend. Once we were seated, we were handed a menu and informed that we have to order and pay at the counter. The food will be delivered to our table. Service was quite fast.
 Assam Laksa was my choice. Yummy, with generous amount of fish meat.
MYR 8.80 (approx. 2.13 USD).
 Mee Siam with Curry Chicken for hubby. Taste good too.
 I do not want to leave this place without trying out their Nyonya kuih. Greedy me!
1 Kuih Talam (green, white) MYR 1.20 (approx. 0.29 USD),
1 Getuk-Getuk (tapioca with sweet coconut) MYR 2 (approx. 0.48 USD).
2 Cai Kuih (veggie dumplings) MYR 3 (approx. 3 USD).
Wheat Grain sweet porridge with coconut milk & palm sugar.
MYR 4.00 (approx. 0.97 USD).
 I love to chew on the wheat grain. It was to my liking, not very sweet.
A glass of Organic Green Tea for hubby.
MYR 3.80 (approx. 0.92 USD)
Altogether, the total cost MYR 31.60 (approx. 7.64 USD)
O ' Days
Signature Delicacies S/B at 21, Lorong Cecil Rae,
Canning Garden, Ipoh. Tel: 05-5456186
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Good Fences.
 Fence #1 - a mixture of brickwall & metal fence.
 Fence #2 - a mixture of brickwall & metal fence.
 Fence #3 - white moon flowers on chain link fencing.

Linking to Good Fences.

White hair is a crown of glory and
is seen most among the godly.
(Proverbs 16:31, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. A hearty lunch. So much kuih to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I would love to try the other kuih but we were already full. Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  2. Your fences would look at home in Maui.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. Maui is a beautiful place. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Hummm coisas deliciosas.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  4. Love your posts, great food as always:)
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Nancy, the food all looks delicious. Great fence finds and pretty flowers. Happy Thursday, enjoy your weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. Have a happy Thursday too and wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  6. It's so amazing to me that your food in restaurants is so reasonably priced!
    Very pretty railings too!
    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always such a delight to see all that beautiful food. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. You take care too. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  8. All the food looks tasty! I like to eat the mak juk tong sui too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really interesting post...thx for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the green white kuih talam, yum yum

    I love Nyonya Kuih anytime

    This looks like a hearty meal for you and your hubby with main and desserts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. It was a very hearty meal indeed! Have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  11. I just looked up the recipe for Assam Laksa but sadly I will never find the ingredients here! Lovely photos. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. There are dry form of assam laksa noodle for sale in packets and they are exported to other countries. Maybe you can try looking for them in the supermarkets. Take care.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. It was a delicious and satisfying lunch!

      Delete
  13. We have moon flowers here! They only open at night, and moths feed from them. But yours are open! Maybe it was a very cloudy day. The chicken dish looks so good! Also the dumplings. I would love to eat here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moon flowers opened in the evening about 5 pm. We were in Fraser's Hill and the lights were not bright.

      Delete
  14. Assam laksa - mmmmmm - one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is also my favourite! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  15. I am eyeing the Cai Kuih, looks so tempting, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...I love the cai kuih with lots of ingredient!

      Delete
  16. great meal and i love your trips to new destinations for new kind of food adventures .Green tea looks inviting .

    have a blessed day dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to try out new food. Have a blessed day too!

      Delete
  17. My fav Nyonya kuihs ... the mee siam looks delicious too.
    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. Not any place can get tasty Nyonya kuihs. Have a blessed weekend too!

      Delete
  18. I would have been completely greedy too. :)

    Argh I literally can't look at photos of assam laksa without salivating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha..for me, no need to look at photos, I just hear the words assam laksa is enough to get me craving for it.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...