Saturday 24 September 2016

An Appetizing Dinner For 2 At Restoran Sun Winfat, Ipoh.

There is a restaurant we have stopped patronizing for some time because we felt that the food quality has dropped. In fact, we have struck out this place from our "places to eat" list. But recently, we noticed an increase in the dinner crowd when we passed by this place a few times. It looks like the food quality has improved. We guessed that it could be due to a change in the cooks. Anyway, one evening we decided to have our dinner there, to give it another try. 
 We were recommended this dish, something like "dong po yoke" but it was cooked with "nam yee" (fermented red beancurd). There was more lean meat than fat, so it was to my liking. Taste wise is good and there was no wastage of discarding the fat.
This is our favourite. Stinky beans cooked with minced meat and spicy paste (sambal belacan). It was a very appetizing dinner for us. Total cost of dinner MYR 30 (approx. 7.27 USD). It is inclusive of 2 small rice and drinks. Now, we have added this place back to our "places to eat" list. 
 Restoran Sun Winfat, Jalan Silibin, Taman Sri Tahan, Ipoh.
It is just near the Jalan Silibin roundabout.
 The following photos are for joining Saturday's Critters.
Sharing these hamsters' photos taken at the Pet Fiesta that I visited.
Smaller grey hamsters.
We once had 2 brown hamsters as pets for my sons but that was a long time ago. I do not mind hamsters but I am afraid of rats/mice.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

We need have no fear of someone who loves us perfectly;
his perfect love for us eliminates all dread of what he might do to us.
If we are afraid, it is for fear of what he might do to us and
shows that we are not fully convinced that he really loves us.
(1 John 4:18, The Living Bible-TLB)

52 comments:

  1. Very appetizing indeed. I would love that meat dish. More lean meat for me.

    Used to rear hamster once but die of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. We both love more lean meat but there are some who prefer more jiggling belly fat. Lol!

      Delete
  2. Nancy, have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. Have a wonderful weekend too!

      Delete
  3. More delicious restaurants to enjoy! The hamsters are cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, your dinner looks delicious. I love the adorable hamsters. Cute photos.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your critters. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. Have a great new week ahead!

      Delete
  5. This food looks delicious.I love that kind of small animals :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dinner looked very good indeed. I'm glad you can add this place back in the mix.

    Love the critters, but I don't like them in my home. My son had hamsters and they were always getting out of the cage. Creepy.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. My son's classmate passed the hamsters and cage to him, and I have to look after them. Surprisingly I am ok with them, but not the rats/mice...Lol!

      Delete
  7. I like the petai more than the dong po yoke but I will eat the lean meat and the skin but not the fats. Did you eat the skin of the dong po yoke?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Sometimes I will eat the skin but most times, I will discard both the fat and the skin together. Have a great day!

      Delete
  8. Me too! Hamsters are adorable, not so much rats or mice. I have never seen these tiny hamsters. Are they babies, or a special small breed? This place must have a new chef!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I guess its a change of chef. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine. Sambal petai is our favaourite. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  10. Nice meal, Nancy, and lovely Guinea pigs, hamsters and gerbils! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I once kept Guinea pigs as pets for my sons. I didn't know about gerbils, I thought they are all hamsters. Now I learned something new about gerbils. They are tiny ones. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  11. Indeed very appetizing meal, I would like to have these with a plate of steaming warm rice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. These appetizing dishes go well with steaming rice. Have a great day!

      Delete
  12. Nancy is the beans salty or spicy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beans are cooked with spicy prawn paste with some salt to taste. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  13. Really interesting post...thx for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stinky beans fascinates me not something that I have ever heard of before reading your blog. Have a good Sunday Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. Stinky beans are like normal crunchy beans when eaten. But it will cause our urine to have a stinky smell. We believe that eating eggplant together with stinky beans will cut off the stinky smell. Have a good Sunday too!

      Delete
  15. Sure looks delicious Nancy. Buen provecho!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stinky beans is a funny name!

    Hamsters are cute, I never had one. Gerbils were more popular in our family. However, they also get out. And we had cats. NOT a good combination.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The name stinky beans came about because after eating, the urine will have a stinky smell. You are right, cats and gerbils are not good combination. The gerbils will disappear altogether! Lol!

      Delete
  17. That dong po pork belly looks so GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. Those who prefer lean meat to fat will love this one. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  18. Hello Nancy!:) All the dishes look tasty, we love pork here, and raise our own pigs. I think everyone deserves a second chance, even restaurants. Love the cute Guinea pigs!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Breathtaking. My mom used to rear pigs when I was very young. We are glad we gave them a 2nd chance! Have a happy day!

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Oh Sharon, is it because of the stinky smell? Have a wonderful Sunday!

      Delete
  20. so yummy.. i must try them..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you, Sandra. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you, Alejandra. I will follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good thing you can add this place back to your list!

    Hehe hamsters are very close relatives to rats/mice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly I can handle the hamsters but not the rats/mice!

      Delete
  24. Beautiful looking meals, hope they tasted as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. It was a delicious dinner. Have a good day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...