Sunday 18 September 2016

Mooncakes Gift Sets & Weddings.

Even though the Mooncake or Lantern festival is over), I want to share this post with you. We used to buy mooncakes for the family. Then as the years go by, I only buy the mooncakes with multi-nuts for my own consumption. After that I stopped buying mooncakes. The same for this year, I didn't buy any mooncake but I was blessed with 2 mooncakes gift sets.
 A lady friend came to my house bearing this pretty box.
 Inside were 2 flaky skin mooncakes.
 She knows I love to eat yam/taro, so she ordered these mooncakes with yam paste filling for me. One mooncake without salted egg yolk. The other one has a salted egg yolk but I forgot to snap a photo to show.
 I also received another gift set from my neighbour. They are jelly mooncakes.
 One has yam paste filling and the green one has longan fruit filling. Since hubby is not interested in these mooncakes, I enjoyed them all. Thanks to my friend and neighbour for their yummy mooncake gifts.
*     *     *     *     *
This month, I attended 2 church weddings. I didn't take any photo for the first wedding but I have some to show for the second wedding. Since I didn't ask permission, I won't be showing close up photos of the married couple here.
I love church weddings.
 Seated inside a church in Ipoh, waiting for the wedding ceremony to start. 
 Pretty decorations.
Taking their marriage vow.
 "O Jehovah, the God of my master," he prayed,
"show kindness to my master Abraham and
help me to accomplish the purpose of my journey."
(Genesis 24:12, The Living Bible-TLB)

52 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Mooncakes are sweet and only available once a year.

      Delete
  2. nice post, happy Sunday!
    kisses,

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mooncakes look so tasty! So good that you get to eat all of them on your own. Church weddings are so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wedding.

    I would try the moon cakes. They look very good.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mooncakes are sweet cakes. I hope you will get a chance to taste them one day!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful wedding photos, Nancy, and the cakes look really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Have a beautiful new week!

      Delete
  6. The wedding décor looked so beautiful, stunning flower arrangements. I have never come across moon cakes before they look really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Moon Cakes are such a beautiful pastel! And I enjoy seeing what the different fillings inside look like. Love the tall ceiling and beams in this church! Is this your church?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. This is my friend's church. It is my first visit to this church.

      Delete
  8. the cakes look yummy. The wedding is similar to Polish ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. I think most weddings are similar. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  9. Interesting products. We keep in touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard of moon cakes a new one on me ! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. There sure are some creative versions out there. My favourite this season was a snowskin with chocolate inside. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried the ones with chocolate filling. If I have to choose, my favourite will be the ones with mixed nuts and chopped bacon.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful mooncakes. I never tasted tam mooncake before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. Its a first time tasting yam mooncake for me.

      Delete
  13. Last time, when my late father was around, i used to buy, now, i don't buy mooncake already as have to control my intake...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is also the reason why I do not buy any mooncakes now.

      Delete
  14. The flaky mooncakes are so cute with spiral design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also dont buy mooncakes nowadays.. got two from my girl's friend's mother.. hahahaha.. and of course not forgetting another 4 boxes from my friend who made them herself in Aberdeen... We are blessed with mooncakes this year, right, Nan? :) Happy Eating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes, we were blessed with free mooncakes. Happy eating to you too!

      Delete
  16. Looks delicious

    http://iameleine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Para mim também casamento tem que ser por igreja.
    Um abraço e boa semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. There is something very special about church weddings.

      Delete
  18. The Moon Cakes look delicious... I couldn't eat much of that (I would gain weight), but I'd love just a little... YUM.

    Isn't it fun to attend weddings?????

    I published a post this morning from our recent trip.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betsy. I too cannot eat much of the mooncake. I love attending church weddings.

      Delete
  19. Very nice, i have never tried them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ola. Hope one day you will get a chance to taste them.

      Delete
  20. Those mooncakes look nice, never had them, hell never heard of them but they do look nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo-Anne. I hope one day you will have a chance to taste the mooncakes.

      Delete
  21. Both mooncakes look beautiful to me... sigh. I also like yam and jelly ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. We both enjoy the same food. We have to wait till next year for the mooncakes.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...