Thursday 1 September 2016

Breakfast With Friend & A Scenic, Leisure Drive.

I received a call from a friend one evening and she asked for help to adjust her sewing machine again. Her sewing machine went cranky and it got jammed again. Something got stuck and it refused to even budge a stitch! We chose a day where everyone will be free and one Saturday morning we drove to my friend's house. First, we must fill our tummy before we take a look at the sewing machine.We picked our friend from her house and she led us to Restoran Full House, Jalan Pasir Kuning, off Jalan Pasir Puteh, Ipoh.
My bowl of Drunken Chicken Noodle (meesua) in soup. The Drunken Chicken soup was freshly prepared and I requested for extra wine. This is worth coming back for.
 I ordered some stuffed items for us to share. I didn't snap photos of others' breakfast because the table was small and crowded.

After breakfast, went back to my friend's house, re-adjusted her sewing machine and got it working again. She was so happy because she could continue with her quilt sewing. We stayed behind for some chit-chatting and after a while it was time to make a move. Hubby had an appointment with his customer.
After meeting his customer, we started our leisure drive around the area. Since I seldom come this way, it is a good chance for me to look around and enjoy the scenery. Direction signage on the fence.
 Decorative wavy fence on the road divider.
 Green fencing on the left.
Light traffic and nice weather.
Enjoying the view.
 Straight and tall trees - don't know what trees.
 Fences on both sides of drain.
 Scallop Fence - half brick, half metal.

 Since we were in this area, we might as well drive to the airport.
Control tower
 Sultan Azlan Shah Airport, Ipoh.
 Lapangan Terbang Sultan Azlan Shah, Ipoh.
 View from the parking lot.
 S
Hubby stopped the car for me to take snapshots.
 I wonder if this can still fly.
This car caught my attention when we stopped at a traffic light in town.

Linking to Good Fences.

Pay careful attention to your own work,
for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done,
and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else.
For we are each responsible for our own conduct.
(Galatians 6:4-5, New Living Translation-NLT)

49 comments:

  1. the wavy fence is neat. i like that brick and iron one! glad you were able to get her sewing machine unstuck. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa. I like the wavy fence too. She has started her sewing again.

      Delete
  2. Hello, you have neat fence designs. Love the trees too. Great post. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many different kinds of fencing but the wavy one in the centre of the road is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. I like that one too! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  4. Your breakfast sure looks different than mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tom. Our breakfast choices are plentiful!

      Delete
  5. Wow, you are the ultimate sewing machine expert! I like to eat a bowl of drunken chicken noodle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha..only the minor problems because have been using the sewing machine for a long time.

      Delete
  6. Oh the food. I thought of you last night. We had Vietnamese food at a local eatery in Pittsburg. It was very good. I know you're not eating Vietnamese food, but many things seemed similar. It was very good.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. I love Vietnamese food too! Have a happy day!

      Delete
  7. I love all your photos here, Nancy! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This car is very cute! I like both the wavy and scalloped fences! The wavy is more artistic, but I think the scalloped is prettier. The soup looks just divine!! How I would love to try it. So, you are very good at repairing things. What is your husband's job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. He used to work in the Singer Sewing Machine co.

      Delete
  9. Excellent post (as always)!Thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The trees remind me a bit of birch trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you have mentioned, they do look like birch tree. Have a great day!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing this lovely drive with us, love the little plane. Have a great day Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mee sua! Extra wine to make me drunk please?! ^^

    Hmm. I think someone told me that tall trees are paper trees. To make paper. Not sure it is true or not.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If me, i will also request for extra wine, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those tall thin trees, I am trying to recall the name. Always see it when I am travelling long distance by car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, hope you can recall the name and let me know. Have a great day!

      Delete
  15. So you're continuing your 'career' in the sewing machine repair line. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Stacy, I get to know the sewing machine well because I used to do a lot of sewing. Have a great day!

      Delete
  16. Thank you, Francisco. Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Vildana. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Felicia. It is more an ornamental fence.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will get drunk with extra wine!

    Indeed it is a nice weather and very nice to leisurely drive around and see the scenery, what a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby, this wine is for cooking so you won't get drunk so easily. Just to get the extra oomph only! Lol!

      Delete
  20. So nice of your hubby to stop the car whenever you want to snap a picture. No wonder you get such good shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irene. Thank God, most of the times, my hubby is quite accommodating and will stop for me whenever it is convenient. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  21. Looks like you had a nice visit & trip.
    The fences were great. I really liked the Wavy one and the one with the brick wall.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The straight and tall trees look like rubber trees to me haha. They sure make a pretty picture together like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy, they are all in straight neat rows! Have a happy day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...