Thursday 21 February 2019

Pizza & Homemade Fried Nian Gao

I don't know how many of you have received notification concerning the closing down of our Google+ accounts, and etc. Lately some readers have commented that they cannot see the new posts that I have posted after 4 February, 2019. I don't know whether I will be able to blog or lose my blog. I wonder if any of you is facing the same issue and knows how to address the issue. Hope to hear from you.

This took place a day before Valentine's Day. We were out to pick up something from one of the shops nearby and conveniently, we stopped at Domino Pizza. We haven't eaten pizza for a long time. We ordered one of the new Eggstra combos i.e. Eggstra Buddy combo consisting of 4 types of items @ RM 42.30
 #1 - 1 regular royale pizza.
We couldn't finish and kept 2 pieces for my dinner.
 #2 - Royale chicken wings.
 2 small tubs of coleslaw.
And a bottle of 1.5L aerated drink not show here.
 Service counter where we ordered our food.
Quotes from Tiger Wood and Yogi Berra.
 Delivery service.
*     *     *     *     *
I prepared the following to fry the gluey glutinous rice cake or nian gao.
Clockwise from left: Orange potatoes, taro or yam, and nian gao.
Then I prepared the flour batter to fry nian gao, potato & taro fritters.
 Deep fried nian gao with potato and yam.
*     *     *     *     *
The following fence shots were taken in Cameron Highlands on our previous trip.
 Found this on our morning walk. It has very high walls (fence).
 And a formidable looking gate.
Linking to Good Fences.

Open the gates of the Temple - I will go in and give him my thanks.
Those gates are the way into the presence of the Lord,
and the godly enter there. O Lord,
thank you so much for answering my prayer and saving me.
(Psalm 118:19-21, The Living Bible-TLB)

38 comments:

  1. lovely fence greetings from Poland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love all your photos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog won't be affected by the shutting down of Google+. It will still run like usual. It is only your posts and comments that were shared via your Google+ account will be lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong! Really appreciate your assurance.

      Delete
  4. Yes, PH is correct. your blog won't be affected. I love to eat deep fried nian gao with yam and sweet potatoes. you are so diligent to deep fry them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun! I am very relieved to know I won't be losing my blog.

      Delete
  5. Haven't had fried nian gao in years! Wish I could grab one now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not IT savvy so can't help much but i am able to read your posts so far. I love the pizza and chicken wings you ordered, they look delicious. I seldom hv the chance to eat fried nian gao but i am sure i will like them as i am for anything sweet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you had no problem reading my new posts. I am also not an IT savvy person. I like nian gao but too much is not good.

      Delete
  7. From my understanding only Google plus is effected so your blog should be alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas! It is a relieve to hear from you. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  8. ...Domino Pizza sure gets around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Domino Pizza but we only eat it once in a while.

      Delete
  9. I do not want to lose you, Nancy! Blogger has given me no problems. Happy Healthy New Year Blessings to YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cloudia! It is good to be able to be able to continue with my blogging. Have a happy weekend!

      Delete
  10. I would recommend you disconnect with google+. Go to your settings and then user settings and make sure blogger is checked and not google+.

    You are lucky you're not using google+ comments. You would have lost them.

    The pizza looks mighty good. We're having pizza on Saturday with our granddaughter and the twin greats.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! Appreciate your sharing on the settings and blogger. I have switched to Blogger from Google+. Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  11. Your deep fried naan looks gorgeous!!! We have a Dominoes here, and love it. Way do they call these EGGSTRA, do they have eggs in them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! I don't know about the Eggstra. Hope to find out on our next trip to Domino.

      Delete
  12. PH and Sandee are quite correct on the Google+ issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William for the confirmation. Appreciate it. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  13. Me gusta la valla y la puerta. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's great to be able to get back to your blog Nancy. We did it together. WOW! See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Paul! It is great to be able to visit each other's blog again and so thankful that we won't be losing our blog.

      Delete
  15. If i ever visit your side of the world, i don't think i will want pizza, you have so many other wonderful things to try. That said, i understand that sometimes it's nice to not have to cook, and pizza fills the bill very well.

    Nice fences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes we want a change from all the wonderful things. To us, pizza is wonderful too. Great to be able to enjoy pizza once in a while.

      Delete
  16. I would like to try this service too! ◡‿◡✿

    Blog de la Licorne

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't get any notification from Google... good that everything is sorted out now for you.

    So there weren't any eggs in the pizza? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is because you have nothing to do with Google+. I didn't know that I have a Google+ profile but have since switched to Blogger. Now not affected by any changes after this.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...