Thursday 14 February 2019

Herbal Ban Mee & Home Cooked Roast Pork

I wanted to post this earlier but it didn't happened until now. It was sometime in mid January, i.e. about a month ago when most of us were busy preparing for the Chinese New Year celebration.
We were blessed with a pink sunrise that morning.
As we walked, we can hear some of the women talking about their New Year preparation.
After our walk, we went to a nearby coffee shop for our breakfast.
This was my breakfast - Herbal Ban Mee or Lui Cha Ban Mee.
The green soup is made from blended herbs.
This is something different from our usual ban mee with clear soup.
*     *     *     *     *
I had to clear the refrigerator to make space for the New Year stock.
I found a piece of pork belly which was meant for roast pork.
We had roast pork dipped in sweet Thai chili for dinner.
Together with a plate of blanched green vegetable with some garlic oil.
Our dinner with no rice.
I kept the leftover roast pork for next day.
I can't remember when I found this gate and yellow concrete wall fencing.

Linking to Good Fences.

And remember, when someone wants to do wrong 
it is never God who is tempting him,
for God never wants to do wrong
and never tempts anyone else to do it.
(James 1:13, The Living Bible-TLB)

42 comments:

  1. mmm...those roasted pork slices are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...first time seeing lui cha ban mee. The roasted pork is so tempting! I wanna have a piece too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is the first I have come across selling lui cha ban mee. I quite like it. Thanks for liking my roasted pork!

      Delete
  3. The green broth for the ban mee looks so attractive! Wow! You are so professional! Your roasted pork looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun! I don't mind eating the lui cha ban mee once in a while. I am glad my roasted pork is getting better through experience.

      Delete
  4. Wow the broth looks so green, wonder how does lui cha ban mee taste.

    I always like roast pork, what's more it is home made, yours look so tasty, can i have some?

    Lovely pink sunrise and blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby! I think I prefer lui cha rice to lui cha noodle but it is still good. Lol! You can feast your eyes on the roast pork! Or wait till you are in Ipoh!

      Delete
  5. Those sky shots stand out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precioso amanecer Nancy. Las fotos son preciosas. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The herbal ban mee must be very tasty. Now that I have tasted lui cha, I can appreciate how delicious it is. Wah...salivating over your siew yoke. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong! My first taste of lui cha also got me hooked!

      Delete
  8. Hello, Lovely sunrise! Your sky captures are very pretty. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day, have a great weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen! Happy day and happy weekend!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful sunrise. The roast pork looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...the gate and wall wound look right at home here on Maui.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm my mouth is watering that food does look good. Herb soup sounds interesting, must look for a recipe Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. La verdura es mi favorita. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful sky shots and oh the food. Looks most delicious.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sky is gorgeous!! And the pork so yummy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pink skies are so pretty! You cook well, i would love to learn from you how to make some of these dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi for your kind comments. I cook very simple meals.

      Delete
  16. Love the picture of beautiful morning sky.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That’s pretty dawn and the gate and wall seeks attention. Nice shots

    ReplyDelete
  18. You get such a beautiful range of colours in the skies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. the color of the sky looks really good. I really like roast pork. I want to eat these foods.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am not a fan of roast pork or crackling but others in the family are

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is especially good when it is still warm. Love the crunchy skin!

      Delete
  21. Those noodles are new to me! Hope they become more popular then I can get my hands on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only stall selling herbal noodle, don't know if it is available elsewhere.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...