Saturday 2 February 2019

Lion Dance At Aeon Falim, Ipoh.

Last few days I have been busy cleaning up my house and my garden. Age is catching up and I need to downsize my garden to make it easier for me to maintain the garden. I have given away some of my plants to a friend who is happy to adopt them into her garden.
After my early morning walk and breakfast, I continued with my work in the garden. The work stops when the sun gets too hot. There is still plenty to clear and to give away.
*     *     *     *    *
After lunch we were at Aeon Falim.
There was a lion dance performance on the ground floor.
 I took this picture from the 1st floor through the partition.
 By the time we went down to the ground floor, the next lion was performing.
 While it was on the floor, I couldn't take a good picture.
 I could only take these pictures when it was up on the table.
 Many were video taping the performance.
 The red and black colours stood out very well.
 The lion on its hind legs.
 One last picture before we move over to the supermarket.
*     *     *     *     *
That evening we had a dinner date with friends and we ordered the following dishes for 4 people.
Steamed chicken with blended ginger paste.
Assam curry fish with assorted vegetables.
Stir fried green vegetables.
It is wonderful to have company for dinner.
A bee on the Crown of Thorns flower.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

Happy is the man who doesn't give in
and do wrong when he is tempted,
for afterwards he will get as his reward the crown of life
that God has promised those who love him.
(James 1:12, The Living Bible-TLB)

36 comments:

  1. Hello, I would love to see dancing lion. Your meals look delicious, I love the stir fried veggies. Pretty capture of the bee on the flowers. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post today. Happy Saturday and have a great weekend. PS, thanks for the comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you must have enjoyed yourself tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As sad as it must be to downsize your garden, you are smart to do it anyway to preserve your health.

    Someday i would like to see a lion dance in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might as well start when I am still able to handle the moving of pots, etc. Have a plan ahead.

      Delete
  4. The Lion dancers are so cool! Was it for a special occasion? Your bee capture is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is in preparation for the Chinese New Year celebration.

      Delete
  5. You are right, the red and black lion dancer is very outstanding, as cny nears, we can hear and see more and more these lion dancers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These lions will be invited to many houses to perform their dance.

      Delete
  6. I love the lion!
    I hear you about age. I've got aches and creaks, too!

    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't do all the things I used to do as well either. The time comes when you slow it down to what you can do. I get that.

    I love the dragon. That's beautiful.

    You know how I always enjoy your food. Yummy.

    Have a fabulous weekend, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! Have a wonderful new week!

      Delete
  8. Looks like a wonderful performance and entertainment for people around. Pleasant morning shot

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...the lion dance always draws a crowd here on Maui.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice of you to give awwy plants to your friends. Hope the garden is more manageable for you after the downsizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying my best to downsize as much as possible. Have to wait and see how it turns out.

      Delete
  11. I've never seen a dancing lion before. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are going to be lots of lion dances this Chinese New Year.

      Delete
  12. >Awesome photos that I liked, now days Tim pays someone to do our yard work

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun to see the dancing lion. Is it part of a celebration, Chinese New Year may be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, most probably in preparation for the Chinese New Year.

      Delete
  14. I like the photo of the bee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Guess too many plants are hard to maintain, and you'd be rather tied to the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Stacy! Don't want to be tied too much to the garden. Want a more relax way to enjoy gardening, not with too much work.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...