Monday 1 July 2019

Home Made Peanut Almond Jam & Beef Balls

I have been wanting to buy a good quality food processor but somehow I kept postponing. It was end of last year that I bought one and it remained in its box until recently. It was finally put to used when I took it out to make peanut butter.
 This is my 2nd time making peanut butter at home. The 1st & 2nd time I used the normal blender. The 1st try was making peanut butter and the 2nd try, I made peanut and almond butter. Both times, the texture was a bit too dry and not easy to spread on the bread.
 This time, I am very happy with the result.
 The amount I made filled up 2 jam bottles (1 small and 1 big).
 The texture of the peanut butter makes spreading on the bread easy. Now I can enjoy unsweetened peanut butter without having to buy the expensive imported brands.
 We have finished the small bottle and the big one is kept in the fridge waiting for us to get a new loaf of bread. Or maybe I should try making my own bread with the bread making machine my sister passed on to me.
I also used the food processor to make some beef balls. I used the beef balls to cook soup with my home grown bitter gourd. For dinner, we had glass noodles with the beef balls and bitter gourd soup. The beef balls didn't turn out as bouncy as expected. I suppose I will have to try again.
 I also stir fried a plate of bean sprouts with garlic. 
 My home made chili oil as condiment to go with the beef balls noodle soup and stir fried bean sprout. As I have mentioned, I am not satisfied with my chili oil and I will have to try again. Until then, I will continue to buy our favourite brand chili oil.

Stay away from the love of money; be satisfied with what you have.
For God has said, "I will never, never fail you nor forsake you."
(Hebrews 13:5, The Living Bible-TLB)

49 comments:

  1. You are really becoming a chef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peanut almond butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to cook with food processor and meat balls look perfectly smooth, yum...yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food processor makes home cooking so much easier.

      Delete
  4. The homemade peanut butter looks tasty, peanut butter is my childhood favourite, they are finger licking good lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I can enjoy more because I do not add sugar

      Delete
  5. The only food in this world that I quite honestly hate is peanut butter!!! I do like peanuts though!! Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the smooth paste but I love the crunchy paste.

      Delete
  6. Your peanut butter must be very fragrant and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. try and try and you did it! peanut butter which can be easily spread on bread. you can even sell them when you make more amount than you can eat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried before making peanut butter, but found it tasted plain without addition of sugar and salt. Nvm lah I don't eat a lot of peanut butter anyway. Just buy lah haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sugar added but I add a little salt. If you prefer the sweet ones, then it is more convenient to buy.

      Delete
  9. wow, everything homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...perhaps I need a food processor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yummy. I want some of everything. I know this is no surprise to you.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a beautiful new week!

      Delete
  12. The peanut butter looks so good
    Thanks for share darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all kinds of sandwiches, and how beef is for that - delicious!
    I am asking for one such sandwich :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad your peanut butter was a success...I bet it is a lot better than what we buy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What i would like to try is cashew butter. Your peanut butter does look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tasted cashew butter. I am interested because I love cashew nuts.

      Delete
  16. awesome article.
    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That homemade peanut butter looks so GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow! you made the peanut butter at home! so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I must give making peanut butter a try, yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...