Monday 29 July 2019

Bak Kut Teh For Lunch At Sik Wong Restaurant, Ipoh

It was a Monday afternoon. We had to go to town to get something done.
It was a hot day.
This was before the lunch hour peak so the traffic was still smooth.
We finished whatever we need to do in town and drove back to Falim. We haven't decided what to eat for lunch until we saw this new restaurant.
100 Plus for hubby and herbal tea for me.
Condiments: Cut bird's eye chilies and chopped raw garlic.
Cut chilies in soy sauce for me and garlic with black soy sauce for hubby.
Bak Kut Teh (Pork ribs in herbal soup). We were informed that this is the northern state version unlike the popular Klang version.
This soup with coriander leaves was for me. Hubby not a fan of coriander leaves. The soup is lighter in colour. When we were approached for our review, we commented that the soup is milder in taste.
Bak Kut Teh (dry version) - this is very flavourful and yummy!
I was hungry and I was able to finish one bowl of rice all by myself!
*     *     *     *     *
That evening, we had home cooked dinner.
Stewed pork ribs with salted black beans and home grown white bitter gourds.
Chinese mustard (gai choy) with prawns, egg, ginger and Chinese cooking wine.

You cause grass to grow for the livestock
and plants for people to use.
You allow them to produce food from the earth -
wine to make them glad, olive oil to soothe their skin,
and bread to give them strength.
(Psalm 104:14-15, New Living Translation-NLT)

50 comments:

  1. When I saw the condiments, I knew it was BKT that you had eaten.

    Your homecooked dinner looks so delicious, I am drooling at the prawns, the dishes must be flavourful to eat with rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. Very appetizing dishes to eat with rice.

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious foods😊 thanks for your sharing Nancy ... Have a nice summer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Have a loveley week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalia. Have a lovely week too!

      Delete
  4. Your home-cooked meals look more appetizing and delicious than the restaurant items you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now craving for BKT! Your home cooked dinner is equally appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make me craving for bkt niw, long time did not have it.

    Love your homecooked dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...I had to do a search for 100Plus, it hasn't showed up in my neck of the woods yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm hungry Nancy. I haven't had my breakfast yet nor coffee. After my comment to you, I going to have my breakfast. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. Hope you enjoyed your breakfast.

      Delete
  9. I already follow you :)

    https://styleoflifet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the food. It's morning here and I've not had anything but coffee this morning. I'm really hungry now.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Hope you had a great breakfast!

      Delete
  11. I want to eat your home cooked dish with the prawns and kai choy. Yums!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two new things for me here. I have never heard of 100 Plus, maybe the 100 is the calories? Also I have never seen condiment containers like this, they are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The food looks delicious and I just love coriander. Happy week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice Monday in Ipoh with delicious meals.
    Enjoy your day Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  15. On such a hot day, it looks like many of the dishes were light, which is what i would want. Heavy foods on a hot day make the heat harder to bear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm...the dry version of BKT looks really yummy...have never tried that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the dry version, I am tempted to eat more rice.

      Delete
  17. Always a joy to visit your blog and see the different variety of food. Some dishes I have never seen or tried before so it is always a great education.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Nancy, where to next?? I wanna follow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Never heard of 100 plus, had to Google it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an isotonic sport drink which is popular here.

      Delete
  20. Those skies are quite something to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  21. well the light version of BKT is rather light in taste. Use the chilli/garlic to add taste. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. We are used to the local version, so we need the condiments to add flavour to the BKT.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...