Thursday 11 July 2019

Smoked chicken And Home Grown Vegetables Cooked With Sambal Paste.

While the white bitter gourd and angled luffa plants are slowing down on their production, some of my eggplants and long beans are ready for harvest.
 White eggplants or brinjals.
 More white eggplants
One white eggplant on each side of the flower pot.
Can you see the purple eggplants in the above picture? 
 That morning, I harvested the above from my garden.
I made vegetables salad with baby cucumbers and ice vegetables bought from Jaya Grocer. I used Kewpie roasted sesame dressing for my salad.
 I used up the morning's harvest to cook spicy sambal assorted vegetables.
 I was in the mood to made smoked chicken and I used 3 chicken legs. 2 for hubby and 1 for me because I didn't cook any rice that evening.

And don't get to feeling superior to those pruned branches
down on the ground. If they don't persist in remaining deadwood,
they could very well get grafted back in. God can do that.
He can perform miracle grafts. Why, if he could graft you -
branches cut from a tree out in the wild - into an orchard tree,
he certainly isn't going to have any trouble grafting branches
back into the tree they grew from in the first place.
Just be glad you're in the tree, and hope for the best for the others.
(Romans 11:23-24, The Message-MSG)

42 comments:

  1. Good harvest.

    Smoked chicken. Long time didnt cook that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I like smoked duck and first time trying smoked chicken.

      Delete
  2. Good that you can harvest your own vegetables from your own garden. I can eat a lot of rice with that sambal assorted vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so refreshinhg to see those harvested veggies...Garden fresh veggies and home cooked chicken,Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...yummy looking chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosto do prato de vegetais, aproveito para desejar a continuação de uma boa semana.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    O prazer dos livros

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to eat brinjals so I am drooling over your brinjal dish. yes, can spot the purple brinjals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So after all the bitter gourds and angled luffa, we will be consuming more brinjals and hopefully long beans.

      Delete
  7. Oooooh que rico.
    La Cocina de Trini Altea
    http://cocina-trini.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely meal. I would have enjoyed that very much.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous day too!

      Delete
  9. Eggplants are growing so good.
    Smoked chicken look yummy.

    Enjoy your day Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything in your garden is so beautiful and healthy looking. You are a Master Gardener.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great harvest your garden fantastic. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. eggplant is one of my favorites...yummy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your eggplants look delicious, as does the rest of the meal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really *heart* your garden! How do you keep pests away? My plants always get destroyed before producing much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my plants are also destroyed by pests. I have to keep a close watch over the plants. Those that I could not save, I have to discard them and plant again. I try to pluck off diseased leaves, or cut off the branches or I spray them with water to chase the pests away.

      Delete
    2. OK... no substitute for TLC!

      Delete
  15. That chicken looks so yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always so good to grow and then cook fresh vegetables from the garden, a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those veggies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Una comida muy buena. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...