Tuesday 16 July 2019

Pork Belly Slices, Prawns And Home Grown Vegetables For Dinner

I was on my walking rounds at the park when I noticed this little white puppy following behind this elderly woman.
 It must have smelled something nice coming from the plastic bags carried by the elderly woman.
 Once the woman crossed over the drain, the puppy stopped following her. I didn't wait to see what happened after that and I continued on with my walk.
 Back home, I harvested the above from my little garden.
 I also spotted some cute white mushrooms growing in one of the pots. This is my first time seeing such mushrooms in my garden.
 In the early afternoon, some workers came to resurface a part of the road near our house.
 After the surface was compacted, they left.
*     *     *     *     *
I went to check the fridge and the freezer to see whatever foodstuff I need to clear and cook for dinner.
 I found a packet of frozen pork belly slices which was meant for steamboat or hot pot. I marinated the pork slices to cook pan fried garlic pork belly slices.
 I also pan fried 10 big prawns.
 I used the white bitter gourd and angled luffa from my garden to cook with garlic, ginger slices, dried prawns and egg.
*     *     *     *     *
The following items are from the National Museum.
 Antique ceramic containers.
 A Bellarmine (Rhenish Bartman Krug) Jar recovered from the NASSAU (Dutch East Indies) shipwreck during an underwater archaeological excavation off Bambeek Shoal, Straits of Malacca, Negeri Sembilan in 1993.


"Oh, son of mine, what can you be thinking of!
Child whom I bore! The son I dedicated to God!
Don't dissipate your virility on fortune-hunting women,
promiscuous women who shipwreck leaders.
(Proverbs 31:2-3, The Living Bible-TLB)

54 comments:

  1. Is the white mushroom edible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute white mushrooms.

    I love looking at antiques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mushrooms are so different from those I have seen.

      Delete
  3. ...pots have been made around the world for centuries, it's interesting to see how similar or how different they can be. Thanks Nancy for your visit, I hope that you are enjoying your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. Hope you have an enjoyable week too!

      Delete
  4. It's a really good idea to clear out the fridge like you did and come up with a yummy dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to stock less things in the fridge now and prefer to buy only whenever I feel like cooking.

      Delete
  5. Those shrimps are really mouth watering! It's been a long time since i have not tasted seafoods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't take seafood often because it is not cheap.

      Delete
  6. Those vegetables are all new to me as are the mushrooms. I love pork belly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love prawns and mushroom. Also going to museums.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the prawns. I could keep eating them all day long. Have a great day Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute pup. Something in those bags had its interest.

    Your dinner looks and sounds wonderful. All my favorite spices too.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always a joy to see the antiques the ceramics were a delight. You have some wonderful plants in your garden, I have never come across a mushroom like that before, is it edible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. This is the first time I have this mushroom growing in my garden. I don't know whether they are edible but it only lasted a year.

      Delete
  11. I wonder what type of mushroom is that, it looks cute, somehow xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Strange mushroom, I would not be brave enough to taste it. Wonder if the little dog has a home, poor little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home grown food looks delicious so different to what I can grow. Enjoy your day, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. smart puppy...
    I love bitter gourd...delicious...yummy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Los perros tienen un gran olfato y esa señora puede llevar algo muy apetitoso en la bolsa.

    Lo que más me atrae del menú, son esas gambas fritas.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sabrosa la comida. Las antigüedades me encantan. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your garden harvest! Those red lady fingers are really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never seen a mushroom like those ones

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have no idea how I missed this post. Yummy prawns!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thought the puppy belonged to the old lady. Luckily it didn't lunge at those plastic bags.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...