Saturday 20 July 2019

Cooking Home Grown Chives For Dinner

For the past few days, it was mostly overcast sky. We thought it would rain but there was no sign of rain.
 Sunrise at the park - 7:30 am
 7:34 pm
 7:38 am
 Back home in my garden, I harvested a big bunch of chives. I realized that it was too much for 1 dish so I kept half for the next day's dinner. 
*     *     *     *     *
Dinner #1
 I bought some bean sprouts from the mini market to mix with the chives.
 Stir fried bean sprouts and chives with garlic and salt to taste.
 Stewed pork ribs and white bitter gourd (harvested from my garden) with salted black beans, etc.
 A new batch of okra plants is now growing in my garden. A friend passed some okra seeds to me. Looking forward to harvest short and fat okras, very different from those I have grown in my garden.
 This is the first okra flower from the plants.
 These are all grown in pots.
 Had an iced coffee fix in a lazy afternoon.
*     *     *     *     *
Dinner #2
For the next day dinner, I chopped the 2nd half of the chives to cook chives and egg omelette.
 I had a can of bacon luncheon meat, cut and fried for dinner. I have eaten this for a long time.
 I had some harvested white bitter gourds and angled luffa in the fridge. Cook them with dried prawns spicy paste or sambal belacan.
*     *     *     *     *
While at the park, I took some snapshots of dogs as I walked past them.
 These are friendly and playful dogs.
 Oops! Sorry! Nature calls.
The park is also a place where humans and dogs gather for exercise and meeting up with their friends.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

God has told us his secret reason for sending Christ,
a plan he decided on in mercy long ago;
and this was his purpose: that when the time is ripe
he will gather us all together from wherever we are -
in heaven or on earth - to be with him in Christ forever.
(Ephesians 1:9-10, The Living Bible-TLB)

59 comments:

  1. Beautiful Morning!
    I love bean sprouts, and the omelet looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I'm sitting here waiting for the sun to rise, it would be as nice yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God for the sun and all His creation.

      Delete
  3. Chives add a great touch of flavour to a whole lot of dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, love the sky and reflection shots. The food looks delicious. Being a dog lover, I love all the dogs. Very cute! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend. PS, thank you for the visit and comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Have a beautiful new week!

      Delete
  5. I love chives,especially from my parents garden☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are blessed with supplies from your parents' garden.

      Delete
  6. So much of the beauty of the Lord's creation is in your photos today, from skies to plants to pets to the food He provides!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. Our God is The Generous Provider.

      Delete
  7. Both of your meals look so very good. Is that spam in the last meal? Looks like spam. Hubby loves spam.

    Nature calls. Yes indeed.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, something like Spam. Have a beautiful new week!

      Delete
  8. I love to cook with chives too. Beautiful sky shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. Have a beautiful new week!

      Delete
  9. Luncheon meat is my favourite! And I love that chives eggs omelette and bittergourds with luffas! I can eat a lot of rice with these dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. Used to stock up my pantry with luncheon meat.

      Delete
  10. Hi Nancy, I have a small gift for you, kindly email your postal address to my email at lilian_fu2002@yahoo.com, thanks a lot. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby in advance for the gift. I have emailed the address to you.

      Delete
  11. From garden to dinner table...so fresh and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. Reward for the work in the garden.

      Delete
  12. The omelet looks great, and I did not know that okra has flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. El amanecer se ve precioso. Feliz domingo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your food dishes do look very yummy! So flavorful! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the reflections in the sky shots...so very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you can make chives pancake with your homegrown chives. chives pancakes are a traditional snack and very popular in Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me about chives pancake. I have made chives and dried prawn pancakes before and will keep the next harvest for pancakes. Yums.

      Delete
  17. Another type of okra to add to the family!

    That looks like a big bunch of chives but you can finish in two sittings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also curious and interested to plant new types of veggies. Waiting for the next chives harvest.

      Delete
  18. I grew up on Spam and love it still although it's been a long time since I have had any! I grow chives. Except I forget they are there and seldon use any in my cooking. I mainly use this for toppings on a baked potato. My step son is growing okra here at the ranch. I love fried okra but do not do it well. Maybe he will cook up some for us.
    All such good photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Sometime I too forget and allow to chives to grow too old. Have a good new week!

      Delete
  19. The bacon luncheon meat if I'm not mistaken is called " SPAM ". I use to always eat it when I was young. I really like the iced coffee. Have a great Sunday Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. Its my young time favourite too. Have a great new week!

      Delete
  20. I love chives. It does not smell nice when raw but when cooked with other food, it adds oomph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love chives too and surprisingly hubby loves it too.

      Delete
  21. I've captured a couple of nice sunrises recently too. Love to be out at that time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i want to add chives on my herbs garden also. i love the food here.

    JULIE ANN LOZADA BLOG
    INSTAGRAM: @julieann_lozada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, chives is staying put in my garden. Lol!

      Delete
  23. my fav luncheon meat!!! drooling!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, used to be my family's favourite too!

      Delete
  24. Great that you can eat from your own garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sallie. This time round, We get to enjoy quite a lot of produce from our garden.

      Delete
  25. I have ordinary chives and garlic chives, those look like garlic chives to me, yum yum. Have a good week. Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I am not sure what type of chives but I think I will enjoy both type of chives.

      Delete
  26. Your chives look so good. Just discovered your blog and enjoyed all of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...