Wednesday 23 December 2020

Chicken + Chinese Herbs Soup

Last Saturday, I couldn't think of what to cook for dinner. To cook or not to cook? If to eat out or take away, there is not much choice for dinner in our area unless we drive out to town. I had 1 chicken in the freezer but it was meant for steaming. I remembered I had a few packets of Chinese herbs for soup. In the end, I used the whole chicken plus a packet of Chinese herbs to boil soup. I chopped the chicken into 4 parts.

Saturday dinner: We each had a chicken leg and soup.
Very hot red chili with soy sauce as dipping sauce for the chicken.
Hubby's bowl had noodle.
My bowl without the noodle.
~~~~~
Sunday dinner
I just cooked 1 dish and heated up the previous day's soup.
A friend who doesn't do homecooking gave me a yam bean (bangkuang). I cooked the yam bean and gave her some as she is alone. Ingredients used: yam beans and wood fungus cut into strips, dried prawns, garlic, salt, oyster sauce and sugar. This time I didn't use carrot because this friend doesn't like carrot.
This time, we each had the wing portion of the chicken and soup.
Sunday dinner (no rice, no noodle).
~~~~~
The following photos taken at the Kiara Park were forwarded to me by a friend.
Photo credited to AshleyJ / Nyappy.
Wild white mushroom.
Photo credited to AshleyJ / Nyappy.
Wild mushrooms growing on a tree trunk. I am sure when it rains these mushrooms will be able to hold water like bowls.


The advice of a wise man refreshes like water from a mountain spring.
Those accepting it become aware of the pitfalls on ahead.
(Proverbs 13:14, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. Looks very yummy! Thanks for sharing and happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chicken soup looks really really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last photo sent by your friend is so intetesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a nice post! I love everything :)


    Please check out my latest post, too? I'd love to hear something from you! :)
    www.cielofernando.com
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy. Nothing better than homemade soup.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2021 to you and family.

      Delete
  6. I agree with you Nancy. Some days I just don't know what to cook. My daughter always ask me " Dad, what's for dinner?" Buon Natale” Merry Christmas my friend.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2021 to you and family.

      Delete
  7. La comida se ve muy buena. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything you cook turns out so yummy-looking!

    Pretty white star mushroom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chicken soup looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Warm comfort food and gorgeous nature photos - what could be better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Wishing you and yours Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2021.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for always sharing the delicious foods you eat and beautiful photos too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post and cool photos! I wish you Marry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cold season is good to eat hot soup....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love chicken soup, and that looks very tasty.
    https://allatseawithme.blogspot.com/2020/12/wordless-wednesday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2021.

      Delete
  15. Your chicken herbal soup looks so very tasty! Your yam bean dish looks tasty too. All the food you cook are tasty. The mushrooms growing in the wild - can they be eaten?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I don't know about the wild mushrooms.

      Delete
  16. Look at those beautiful wild mushrooms! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cooking turned out to be a great idea, didn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you joined us at 'My Corner of the World' this week! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty for hosting. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Me too. This soup is suitable for all seasons.

      Delete
  20. You give me the idea of what to cook this weekend after the overflowing leaking pipe repair in the morning at my toilet. Great blog and thanks for always sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...