Tuesday 22 December 2020

Dinner At Kopitiam Mun Soon, Taman Boon Bak, Ipoh

The last time we dined at Kopitiam Mun Soon was just before the movement control order was enforced and that makes it about 9 months. Now that movement control restriction is more relaxed, we chose this place as we missed the food there. For the four of us, we ordered the following dishes.

Fried chicken (kon cheen kai) - RM15.
Sambal belacan sweet potato leaves - RM8.
Steamed Tilapia with spicy bean sauce (cheong cheng) - RM20.
Total dinner - RM46.20 including rice and warm water
(our friend brought along her Chinese tea leaves).
We went to buy some essential at one of the shopping mall and passed by the place where they kept the ice creams. I bought 2 cornetto cones, chocolate for hubby and vanilla for me. Like little kids, we enjoyed the ice cream in the car before driving home.
Fragrant Gardenia in my garden.
Whenever I walked passed, I can smell the sweet fragrance of the flowers. 
I saw the above poster at a hotel in Malacca.
"Celebrating 110th Anniversary of Indian Motorcycles"


For unto us a child is born; unto us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder.
These will be his royal titles: "Wonderful," "Counselor,"
"The Mighty God," "The Everlasting Father," "The Prince of Peace."
(Isaiah 9:6, The Living Bible-TLB)

42 comments:

  1. ...the Indian Motorcycle poster is a beauty, I'd love to have it hanging on my wall. Thanks for sharing, take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom for hosting. Take care and stay safe.

      Delete
  2. I like cheong cheng steamed fish. It's funny that I never noticed the smell of the Gardenia in my garden. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell is stronger when the flower newly opens.

      Delete
  3. I love the smell of flowers. I wonder what is the smell of the Gardenia. Is it like Jasmine flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your dishes, especially the fish and dry fried chicken. Is the chicken boneless?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't gardenias have the most delicious scent?!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/12/quarantine-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious and I love your beautiful smell good flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ice cream and gardenias and a nice dinner with friends, that all makes for a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was a wonderful day and thankful for everything that makes it so.

      Delete
  8. I bet it was fun to go back to eat there...we go out some, but not a lot.

    I like the poster, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sweet potato leaves look so good. My father grew gardenias when he was alive. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had some of each dish and had one of the ice cream cones. Yummy.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

      Delete
  11. Fried chicken and sweet potatoe leaves...yum my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It all looks so good, and now I want ice-cream!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opps, I forgot to buy some ice cream for Christmas!

      Delete
  13. The meal is very cheap! and ice cream.. yummysss!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I can smell that gardenia just from looking at the photo! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has a sweet fragrance. Stay safe too, Linda. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2021 to you and yours.

      Delete
  15. It feels good to go back to our favourite eating places after so many months, right?? Delicious meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree especially where the food is good and price reasonable.

      Delete
  16. That cheong cheng fish got me salivating!

    Glad you and hubby enjoyed your ice-cream cone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. By the time we started to eat the ice cream, it has started to melt.

      Delete
  17. What brand of ice cream is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the brand.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...