Wednesday 30 December 2020

Post Christmas Day: Lunch, Snack & Dinner

We didn't go for morning walk the day after Christmas. Instead, we drove out to town for breakfast.

Sunrise at 7:20am
Morning sky at 7:45am.
From the look of the sky, rain was expected later in the morning.
~~~~~
We had leftover for lunch.
I steamed 4 baby corns (1 eaten by hubby before I took the snapshot), and I reheated the yam puffs (given by a friend) and 2 croissants (bought from Aeon Big Falim) for lunch. Happy to clear all the above items from my fridge.
I made Konnyaku jelly with cut orange because I couldn't find other fruits in my fridge.
My neighbour gave me a big papaya, cut half and kept the other half in the fridge. We had the above sweet treats for our afternoon snack.
~~~~~
I had a packet of stinky beans and some remaining sambal dried prawns which I need to clear from my fridge.
I cooked a plate of stinky beans with sambal dried prawns (bought from Penang). This time I cut the big stinky beans into quarters which makes it easier for us to bite.
Dinner for 2 people: Stinky beans with steamed rice.
I reheated the leftover beef with ginger and spring onions which I almost forgot about it.
We used to pass by this corner house on our morning walk. We are attracted to these round shaped cockscomb flowers planted by the roadside. I had to stop to take a snapshot of the flowers before continuing our walk home.


And when the green shoot comes up out of the seed,
it is very different from the seed you first planted.
For all you put into the ground is a dry little seed of wheat
or whatever it is you are planting,
then God gives it a beautiful new body-
just the kind he wants it to have;
a different kind of plant grows from each kind of seed.
(1 Corinthians 15:37-38, The Living Bible-TLB)

54 comments:

  1. What a nice meal... long time we did not eat together already, wei... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, long time. Let us wait till new year. Ha ha.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They only stink when they are passed out from our system.

      Delete
  3. I have not been going for morning walks for almost a week. Hubby and I skipped and had breakfast instead. And I think I put on weight during this year end festive season. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We walked and followed by having breakfast. Burn off calories and put back the calories. So no calories lost. Lol!

      Delete
  4. Delicious food :-) I miss some good croissants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stinky beans must have been pretty big to start with. Still chunky after getting quartered.

    The konyaku looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are gorgeous! Glad you got stuff in the fridge used up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...we will have to wait for fresh corn on the cob. Wishing you a bright 2021.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. Have a healthy and blessed 2021.

      Delete
  8. Those cockscomb flowers were very beautiful. I love the red color. Have a great day Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always stuck on all the food. Yummy.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a great day. Wishing you and yours Happy and Prosperous New Year too.

      Delete
  10. That food look very delicious and photos of sky are amazing.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/12/beauty-of-organization.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice to drive to a restaurant sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good change from staying home most of the time.

      Delete
  12. I love your sky shots...always fun to see what others are having. But ours is so boring right now...raining and dark and dreary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. We are now enjoying cooler days. Very soon we can look forward to more lovely skies but then the weather will be hot again.

      Delete
  13. What a spread! I love seeing your latest creations, these are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty at the corner!
    Luckily dinner is on its way here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Nancy for inviting us. Very enjoyable photos and food <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Preciosas fotos Nancy. El almuerzo se ve sabroso. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always wanted to plant that flower but never got around to doing it. Wonder if it is easy to plant or not. Do you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my experience, it should be easy to plant and easy to take care.

      Delete
  18. Corns are delicious! Good that your husband is ok to eat croissants, corns and yam puffs as lunch. Orange in jelly? Don't think I have eaten that. Sounds tasty. Petai sambal goes very well with rice. Must take some effort to cut the petai as the petai is small. Very tasty dinner. Good that you remember the beef dish for dinner. I don't think you both can eat all the petai sambal for dinner. Did you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guessed right, we couldn't finish all the petai sambal.

      Delete
  19. OH my I am so wanting your meal! Too bad you are not my nextdoor neighbor! Have a lovely day and a Happier New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathe. Wishing you and your Happy New Year 2021.

      Delete
  20. Good that no food was wasted, now that you clear the ginger beef and the items from your fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try as far as possible not to waste unless the food is no longer fresh and good to eat.

      Delete
  21. All your photos are wonderful to see!

    A fantastic addition to 'My Corner of the World' this week! May the new year bring you great things to photograph!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...