Friday 18 December 2020

Steamed Red Tail Catfish For Dinner.

There was a slight drizzle in the early morning and we waited for it to stop before setting out on our morning walk. The ground was damp when we set out and the air smelt so fresh, nice and cool.

Morning sky at 7:17am
- same as above -
A gloomy morning - 7:30am
Walking home after breakfast - 8:28am
~~~~~
Lunch
I warmed up the leftover Chinese wine chicken soup, fried an egg and blanched a brick of dried noodle. Put them together and that was a delicious lunch for hubby.
As for me, I ate the above piece of cake given by a friend (her mom's birthday).
I ate the cake minus all the icing and cream. I also finished the remaining barley ginkgo sweet drink from the fridge.
Late afternoon sky - 4:10pm
My neighbour gave me a fresh water fish. I was told it was the red tailed catfish. It is best to cook when it is fresh so I decided to cook it for dinner.
Steamed fish with blended ginger.
Blanched baby siew pak choy, drizzled with garlic oil, oyster and soy sauce.
Our dinner with steamed rice.
I took this snapshot at 7:05pm when I took out the garbage after I finished washing after dinner.
And also this snapshot of the fully opened hibiscus which is bigger than my hand. The colour was not bright because of the poor lighting.


He knows about everyone, everywhere.
Everything about us is bare and wide open
to the all-seeing eyes of our living God;
nothing can be hidden from him
to whom we must explain all that we have done.
(Hebrews 4:13, The Living Bible-TLB)

60 comments:

  1. What a mouthwatering dinner! Love the steamed fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Pretty sky, I see bits of a lovely pink color in the clouds. The fish and cake look yummy. Take care, stay safe! Have a happy day and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Take care and stay safe too. Happy weekend.

      Delete
  3. I miss my morning walk.

    Yummy steamed fish. Nice homey meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake looked delicious, what a great birthday treat. Dinner looked wonderful, I am a great fan of fish but have never tried catfish but it looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sky shots...I am living that hibisvusm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me encanta el pescado y las verduras. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! The sky is pretty in the first photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your lunch. I wouldn't eat the cream too. But I also like the wine chicken lunch. Fish dinner is also very tasty but I wouldn't eat the rice. Guess you ate most of the fish and you gave your husband the fish meat while you pick at the bones. Are there a lot of bones for this fish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. This fish has very little bones.

      Delete
  9. Some of your sky photos have just a hint of color in them. We don't generally steam fish here but I would sure like to try it sometime. Great verse, and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yogi. We normally use very fresh fish for steaming to enjoy the natural sweetness of the fish. Have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  10. Fish for dinner and cake for dessert. Yum, yum. Have a great weekend Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your steamed fish looks so elegantly presented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy on all the food and I took a piece of cake.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Meal suitable for the cool weather and a nice prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eating Chinese wine chicken soup is a good start...yummy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved your green plates, baby bak choy... Wishing you Happy Holidays Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You got cake! Cake is special, i like when i get a bit of cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I love cakes, but have to watch my diet.

      Delete
  17. Amazing sky shots Nancy and I love the hibiscus. So beautiful. Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyful. Merry Christmas to you too.

      Delete
  18. Beautiful shade of Hibiscus.It would be my pleasure if you join my link up party related to gardening here at http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2020/12/garden-affair-petunias.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh you can eat sweet things for meals too. I'd much rather have the delicious Chinese wine chicken soup your hubby had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Only left enough soup for 1 person. I don't mind eating the cake because hubby don't like cake. I normally snack for lunch.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...