Thursday 24 December 2020

No Bake Cheesecake & Fried Mung Bean Noodle.

Today is Christmas Eve 2020. Since the number of infected cases is still high, my sons have decided to wait till January or Chinese New Year (February) to travel home. So, we (2 couples) will be dining out for our Christmas eve dinner. We haven't decided on the place yet, will confirm when we meet up this evening. Will share the place and the food in another post. 

Wishing everyone who is celebrating Christmas,

"BLESSED CHRISTMAS AND
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021!"
Breaking of dawn at 6:40am (Tuesday morning)
Thankful for the bright lights that lighted up the streets.
Economy fried vermicelli (Indian style) + herbal tea for breakfast.
A friend dropped by to gave me a piece of delicious fruitcake with generous fruits and nuts in it. This is more than enough for me because hubby doesn't like fruit cake.
~~~~~
My homemade no bake chilled cheesecake.
After cutting the cake, only remembered to take photos.
I don't have a springform pan so I used the normal baking pan. I first made a chilled cheesecake when I was still working. The first attempt was successful but this time, it didn't set very well. It tastes delicious, just that it is not as firm as expected. 
I gave half of the cheesecake to my old friends. This couple loves chilled cheesecake. At last, I fulfilled my promise to bless them with my homemade chilled cheesecake.
~~~~~
What did I cooked for dinner?
Something simple and which I have been craving for.
Fried mung bean noodle (glass or cellophane noodle).
Ingredients used: mung bean noodle, carrot strips, bean sprout, minced meat, egg, garlic, sambal dried prawns, oyster sauce and salt to taste. This plate is more than enough for 3 people. I sent 1-third to our friend and left two-thirds for hubby and myself.

First, help me never to tell a lie.
Second, give me neither poverty nor riches!
Give me just enough to satisfy my needs!
(Proverbs 30:8, The Living Bible-TLB)

37 comments:

  1. nice cheesecake! your fried mung bean noodles got standard! a lot of big fat juicy taugeh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nux. Ipoh is famous for her big fat juicy taugeh.

      Delete
  2. ...and I enjoy cheesecake too. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love cheesecake? I surely do. The stirfried mung bean noodles looks very tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that you made a no-bake cheesecake. Here's wishing you and your family a Merry Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

      Delete
  5. Happy Holidays Nancy - gorgeous looking cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ritta. Happy Holidays to you too.

      Delete
  6. No bake cheesecake sounds delicious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks delicious but your fried mung bean noodle looks especially good! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

      Delete
  8. Wow! Delicious food! Can you please share your non bake cheese cake recipe?I would love to eat it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I will be sharing after I try it out one more time to get a firmer cheesecake.

      Delete
  9. Your mung bean noodles are so tasty with so many ingredients! Wishing you all a blessed Christmas ⛄🎄 are you going to online mass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Yes, going online to join the Christmas celebration.

      Delete
  10. Wishing you and your family a blessed Merry Christmas and hoping that 2021 will give us a more healthy new year Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2021 to you and yours. Stay safe.

      Delete
  11. I had some of each dish and a huge slice of the cheesecake.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous Christmas.

      Delete
  12. fantastic meal do have a great Christmas and happy new year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steve. Have a beautiful Christmas and Happy New Year.

      Delete
  13. Your cheesecake looks delicious! And so does the vermicelli. They are urging everyone not to travel, so your sons are wise. And I know you will have an even better celebration after a longer wait. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. Looking forward and hoping for a better New Year 2021. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

      Delete
  14. Thank you, Rose. Have a blessed and peaceful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fruitcake and cheesecake, so delicious. A blessed and beautiful Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. Merry and blessed Christmas to you and yours.

      Delete
  16. Oo cheesecake. Looks like a big cake too. I don't dare make this because calories haha.

    Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its big because I used the big baking tray. I don't make this often so its okay, just enjoy once in a long while. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...