Thursday 3 December 2020

Home Cooked Beef Rendang For Dinner

It was raining almost every evening or night. We have not been using the air-conditioner and some nights we don't even need the fan. 

Afternoon sky at 4:20 pm.
Heavy rain expected any time.
~~~~~
I had beef in the freezer and a packet of ready made rendang paste. I have been thinking of beef rendang for a long time and rainy season is the best time to enjoy beef rendang.
My home cooked beef rendang using Brahim's ready made rendang paste.
Plain blanched romaine lettuce because I was too lazy to prepare garlic oil.
Steamed brown rice.
Simple yet appetizing dinner for 2 people.
The brown rice was not mixed with polished rice.

For this wonderful news - the message that God
wants to save us - has been given to us
just as it was to those who lived in the time of Moses.
But it didn't do them any good
because they didn't believe it.
They didn't mix it with faith.
(Hebrews 4:2, The Living Bible-TLB)

50 comments:

  1. Don't think I've heard of polished rice..maybe it's another name here.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polished rice has more starch and less nutrient.

      Delete
  2. Looks very tasty. Another great homemade eal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love beef rendang. This is a mouthwatering meal, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my best food rice and meat sauce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ready made paste makes it so convenient to cook rendang. I love it with nasi minyak/nasi tomato and acar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, long time didn't eat nasi minyak/nasi tomato and acar.

      Delete
  6. The sky looks the same here in Bangalore today...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review and beautiful photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice photos and delicious dishes! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your homecooked beef rendang must be tastier than those sold outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, the taste is quite good. This is a good paste.

      Delete
  10. Looks like a great meal. I'm coming over for some.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally, totally love that sky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting that you cook your lettuce. Here, we eat it uncooked with salad dressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes we eat it raw, most times we blanch it.

      Delete
  13. I have no idea what polished rice is!!! The meal looks great though. Stay safe and have a good weekend, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polished rice is white rice with all the outer nutrient and bran removed. Have a good weekend too. Stay warm and stay safe.

      Delete
  14. Your beef rendang looks so very tasty. Is the rendang paste on the sweet side and only a bit spicy?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my kind of meal, beef & rice is yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Easy and yummy way of cooking rendang.

    You remind me that I haven't mixed brown rice in for quite some time. Gosh MCO has made my brain slow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I don't want to mix with white rice but hubby complained the brown rice not nice.

      Delete
  17. The good thing about rain is it has to stop sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...