Wednesday 25 May 2022

Dinner At Kok Thai Restaurant, Jalan Gopeng, Ipoh

It was another hot and humid day for us.

Sunrise at about 7:08am.
Setting out on our morning walk.
That morning, I had breakfast with 2 ex-colleagues/friends.
The rest of the day, I stayed home with the fan on full blast. I was in lazy mode and was glad that I need not have to cook dinner that evening because we had dinner with friends at Kok Thai restaurant. There were 8 of us and we had the following dishes for dinner.
Stir fried assorted vegetables with macadamia nuts and ginkgo nuts.
Braised pork tendon, shiitake mushrooms, tofu, etc. in claypot.
Pork belly slices in soy sauce.
Poached chicken, somewhat salty to be eaten wrapped with the lettuce leaves.
Lettuce leaves with blended ginger.
Sweet potato leaves in claypot.
Steamed tilapia with special spicy sour sauce.
The dinner came to RM243.40 (incl. 6% service tax) for 8 people.
It was a weekday so the place was not crowded.


After this,
I heard what sounded like a vast crowd in heaven shouting,
"Praise the LORD!
Salvation and glory and power belong to our God.
(Revelation 19:1, New Living Translation-NLT)

40 comments:

  1. my fav is the tofu and the lotus root. Not into salty chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stir-fry does look delicious! I like the idea of nuts in the stir-fry. Ha. I should try that!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love all the dishes. The stir fried assorted vegetables look particularly good,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the stir fried assorted vegetables.

      Delete
  4. What a mouthwatering dinner! I love that lotus root stirfry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sauce for the steamed tilapia sure looks special. I would love to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, the sauce is different from what we usually have at other places.

      Delete
  6. ...a hot and humid day is not for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that first dish with the lotus root and macademia! Your photo reminds me it has been many years since I had this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a fun and yummy time you had with your friends :-)
    And the heat, please send it over...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how I wish I could send some of the heat over to you.

      Delete
  9. I try to keep away from too much salt so the chicken wouldn't be for me, but everything else looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like all the dishes you guys have. So good.

    Yes, it has been warm lately, since last weekend. Sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful dinner. Wish hubby and I were with you.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nancy, how good it is to incorporate nuts like macadamia nuts in our savory dishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Norma. I love the nuts in the dish.

      Delete
  13. Expensive but not bad for 8 people. But, what is a Thai meal without curry? LOL. I like how the veggies with nuts looked. Very pretty and appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your food looks wonderful. Today I went out for an evening meal, it was good! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed your meal today. Hugs. Happy day.

      Delete
  15. The first one is perfect for me, as a nut- and vegetable lover :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stir fried vegetables and nuts sounds so good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. La comida se ve muy rica, te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Poach Chicken looks not cooked.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dora. The chicken is cooked just right.

      Delete
  19. What a delicious Dinner. This Kok Thai Restaurant must be famous for its food. The macadamia vegetables dish is not commonly served in restaurants because the macadamia is a premium nut. You like to eat macadamia nuts too, right?

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...