Monday 30 May 2022

Mee Jawa, Fried Noodle, Fish Slices + Bitter Gourd Soup With Mee Sua

We started our morning walk at about 6:45am. 

Sunrise at 6:46am.
Above us, the moon was still bright at that time.
~~~~~
Our breakfast at Restoran Tet Shin, Ipoh.
Mee Jawa and unsweetened coffee for me.
This is our favourite mee jawa, Indonesian style.
Unsweetened coffee and fried noodle for hubby.
Fried rice vermicelli with prawns, egg and beansprount.
I harvested this white bitter gourd from my garden and will be cooking it for dinner.
I cooked fish slices with white bitter gourd slices soup. I didn't have carrots but found 2 tomatoes in the fridge. I cut the tomatoes in wedges, put in some goji berries, ginger slices, and some wine.
I prepared 2 bowls of mee sua (given by a Sitiawan friend) and some sambal belacan.
It was a delicious and satisfying dinner.
A painting of a rooster on a tree trunk at the Gunung Lang Recreational Park. I hope this can be considered as a mural on a tree trunk.

Linking to Monday Mural.

There are three things that are stately in their stride,
four that move with stately bearing:
a lion, mighty among beasts, who retreats before nothing;
a strutting rooster, a he-goat, and a king secure against revolt.
(Proverbs 30"29-31, New International Version-NIV)

54 comments:

  1. Wow, I have never seen a mural painted on a tree trunk, it is very cool! And your photo of the moon above the flowers is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, fried noodle! And I really would love to try white bitter gourd - never seen it here!
    Cute tree-mural!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a super fun painting on that tree. Never seen before

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Mee Jawa looks so yummy, and how cute does that bitter gourd look!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mee jawa looks so different from ours here. Indonesian style eh? Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delicious breakfast to start the day! I can't seem to eat in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was younger, I had no appetite in the morning but now I can enjoy a hearty breakfast maybe it is because after the morning walk.

      Delete
  7. Your food looks delicious as always, and I love the cockerel on the tree, great idea! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Hugs. Have a happy day.

      Delete
  8. I love bean sprouts. What an unusual and lovely mural on a tree. Goes to show artists will make art wherever they can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rooster on the tree trunk is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even the names of these dishes make the food sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 6:45am, OH may. I'm still sleeping at that time. LOL Have a great day Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the rooster! And that Mee Jawa looks very tasty!!! Your gourd is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great sunrise and moon photos. What a cute and unusual mural, love it! Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bardzo podoba mi się ptak namalowany na drzewie. Udanego tygodnia😊

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wikk eat a bit of Mee Jawa and Fried Noodle for breakfast. Your dinner of Fish Slices and Bitter Gourd Soup With Mee Sua is so delicious. The rooster gave me a fright cos looks so real. Did it gave u a surprise?

    ReplyDelete
  16. A mural on a tree, that's an interesting idea, i like it.

    Beautiful skies, lovely meals.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My comment disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, I don't know why it disappeared.

      Delete
  18. Wow dear! That looks delicious. And I'm so amazed at the white bitter gourd. It's my first time seeing one. The usual color I see is green.


    Please check out my latest post, too? I'd love to hear something from you! :)
    www.cielofernando.com
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green bitter gourd is common. White is not common.

      Delete
  19. It's hard to concentrate on the food, when you provide us with such outstanding shots , such as the moon in the picture of the sunrise, and the painting of the rooster on the tree trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Linda pintura, me dio ganas de tu desayuno. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Indonesian mee Jawa is authentic, definitely it is delicious!!

    Good to take bitter gourd soup in this warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me gusto el dibujo en el árbol. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mmm mee jawa is one of my favs. Not that commonly found in KL.

    Bittergourd is good for health so your garden must have contributed quite a bit to your health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is another nice mee jawa in Restoran Pulau Sembilan but that is a bit far for us. We spend less by consuming our own home grown veggie.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...