Thursday 12 May 2022

Fried Rice Vermicelli, Herbal Pan Mee & Dinner With Friends

A lovely morning to start off the new day.

Sunrise at 7am.
After morning walk, stopped at one of the coffee shop for breakfast.
At this coffee shop, hubby usually orders the fried rice vermicelli. On days when the boss is busy with many orders, he will only get to eat fried koay teow. Sometimes when the boss is in good mood, he will get extra prawns.
At first, I wanted to order toast but when I smelt the herbal soup, I changed my mind and ordered herbal pan mee. Ingredients consist of noodle, green veggie (mani cai), wood fungus, fried anchovies, minced meat, herbal soup.
This was our breakfast. Our next main meal will be dinner. In between we will have something light.
~~~~~
We had dinner with friends We tried to book a table for 4 people but 1 place was closed and the other was fully booked. We finally ended up at Restoran Wong Sheng.
Blanched Romaine Lettuce.
Their signature steamed taro & pork belly.
Assorted vegetables. My favourite is the crispy fried lotus root slices.
Steamed Tilapia fish in spicy sauce.
The fish was head partially covered by the sauce.
Overall, it was a satisfying dinner.

What happiness for those whose guilt has been forgiven!
What joys when sins are covered over!
What relief for those who have confessed their sins
and God has cleared their record.
(Psalm 32:1-2, The Living Bible-TLB)

38 comments:

  1. Your food always looks so delicious!! - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gingi, I couldn't find the comment space in your blog.

      Delete
  2. The food is always interesting to me.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´d love to try fried lotus root slices! It all looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunrise has some lovely colour in it Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the morning photo and your food always looks so good and so different to ours. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Hugs and enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like that Ah Kau in our neighbourhood coffee shop in the next lane, very temperamental - I don't think I will go and eat there again even though that is the most convenient place for me to go for breakfast in the morning. The dishes you all had look good - I would love that pork and taro dish especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! No problem with hubby. He is quite accommodating to hubby.

      Delete
  7. The rice vermicelli with those succulent prawns looks really inviting. Lovely sunrise shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Os meus comentários não estão a entrar devem de estar no SPAM.

    Andarilhar
    Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
    O prazer dos livros

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those meals look delicious. Thanks for sharing.
    I invite you to visit my last post. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. both the breakfast & dinner look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious meals in a nice sky

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your food. I want to come eat with you. Yummy.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. I have not taste Aussie style fried rice.

      Delete
  14. That was such a pretty sunrise!

    Fried lotus root sounds good, i wonder if i could find that here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We must go again some day, the kau yuk is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking at the prawns on the fried vemicelli, I would like a plate myself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Buena comida. Feliz día.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Breakfast is a good time to binge on food, more time to burn calories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I have good appetite for breakfast.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...