Monday 16 May 2022

Lunch At Sushi Wafu, Ipoh

Last week, a friend wanted to give us a lunch treat at a Japanese eatery. When we reached the place, we found that the place was undergoing some renovation. Her son then drove us to Sushi Wafu which we haven't been to.

Banner on the wall.
We were the first customers to reach just around 12pm. We let the young man ordered for us because he is more familiar with the names on the menu.
This is my favourite - pickled ginger. At first glance, I thought it was pickled carrot due to its colour. While waiting for the orders to be prepared and served, we enjoyed some items from the conveyor belt.
We took 2 plates of the above, each with different types of filling.
One of this,
and this,
 and this.
~~~~~
We ordered 4 main items with 4 side dishes. I missed out some of the food items. I will just briefly mention whatever I know about the food as I do not know their actual name on the menu.
This is one of the main with eel and rice in it.
Each main set is served on a tray with a bowl of miso soup, chawanmushi, 3 pieces of cut orange, and a paper cup for free flow ice cream. We removed the trays to make room for the side dishes.
I think this is another set - tempura prawns with rice.
Another set - fried chicken curry with rice.
Salmon.
I am not sure if this a main or a side dish.
Omelette with bonito fish flakes
Fried chicken.
Gyozi dumplings.
I like this Chawanmushi (steamed egg custard).
Mural of a school on the concrete wall surrounding the Chinese school.

Linking to Monday Mural.

You are my hiding place from every storm of life;
you even keep me from getting into trouble!
You surround me with songs of victory.
I will instruct you (says the Lord) and guide you
along the best pathway for your life;
I will advise you and watch your progress.
(Psalm 32:7-8, The Living Bible-TLB)

30 comments:

  1. This looks like a really nice place. And a whole lot of variety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great place to eat, and so much wonderful food! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Hugs. Have a great week too.

      Delete
  3. Cute banner! Yummy food and nice mural, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lunch At Sushi Wafu looks very good. Which one is your dish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the dishes were for sharing so we got to taste a bit of everything.

      Delete
  5. I sure would enjoy all your selections. We have two franchises here and they're quite good. A couple of local Japanese restaurants as well. Have not been to any for a while now. Will have to go for it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmsss... never been to this Japanese restaurant.. now my girl is not around, I sure lose touch already.. hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most young people love Japanese food.

      Delete
  7. That looks like a really great meal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wondered this meals ... thanks for your sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never eaten eel but I'd like to try it. Have a great day Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate this but am not really a fan of eel. Lol.

      Delete
  10. The fried chicken looks yummy! My husband would go bananas for the sushi! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful spread of Japanese dishes. I could eat it without a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to have something different for a change.

      Delete
  12. Looks scrumptious! I wouldn't mind having a go at the gyozi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So nice! I haven't had Japanese food in such a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seldom go for Japanese food on our own. Thanks to our friend for giving us a treat.

      Delete
  14. They all look like they have very complex flavors. Now i want some sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like tempura prawns with rice and Omelette with bonito fish flakes。
    black and neon green wig

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...