Friday 27 May 2022

A Visit To Gunung Lang Recreational Park, Ipoh

Hubby's friend and his family were in Ipoh for a few days to visit his brother. Hubby made appointment to meet up with his friend and family members at the Gunung Lang Recreational Park, Ipoh. I tagged along because I have not been over to the other side of the lake on my first visit.

Gunung Lang Recreational Park, Ipoh was opened to the public in the year 2000.
When it first opened there was a cascading waterfall coming down from the top of the limestone hill.
On my first visit a few years ago, we didn't take the boat over to the other side of the lake.
Operating hours.
The short boat ride to and fro: 
RM3.00 for adults & RM1.50 for senior citizens.
While waiting for the boat ride, I saw this funny looking palm tree. It is a double-headed or double trunk palm tree.
This boat will take us over to the other side of the lake.
Someone wanted to take a closer look or maybe take some snapshots but was called back by one of the staff.
Time to get on the boat.
This lake was an old mining pond.
The lake is surrounded by limestone hills.
Up ahead is the jetty.
It was a hot sunny day.
Nice reflection in the water.
There were more than 10 people in this boat ride.
Nearing the jetty, ready to disembark.
I was ready to explore and discover what is on this side.
I think this is the model of a "Rumah Perak" or "Perak House".
No occupant but we saw a few monkeys loitering around.
A "Flame of The Forest" tree.
Signs showing the things of interest.
Nice to walk under these shady trees that blocked out the sun.
This is one of 2 watch towers.
A young man ran up the watch tower and ran down again.
We saw 2 pairs of feathered critters and some animals in cages that I will be sharing in my next posts. The place is a lovely place but needs better care or maintenance. Once we were back on the other side, we went to Bercham for lunch.


The Lord is my fort where I can enter and be safe;
no one can follow me in and slay me.
He is a rugged mountain where I hide; he is my Savior,
a rock where none can reach me, and a tower of safety.
He is my shield.
He is like the strong horn of a mighty fighting bull.
(Psalm 18:2, The Living Bible-TLB)

43 comments:

  1. That's a stunningly beautiful place. I wouldn't be venturing to any such places here though as every day, it is scorchingly hot...like in the Sahara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it is hot these days but I wouldn't want to miss another chance to go over the lake. With the many shady trees on the other side, they help blocked out the hot sun.

      Delete
  2. What a great excursion you had. Beautiful views and the flame of the forest is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely place with shady trees, watchtowers, and adequate signs pointing at things of interest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to wander around and check out the bird life there. Looks like a great spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely place to visit. I like the watch towers. Glad you were able to be in an area out of the sun for awhile. Good scripture verse my friend.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty place to explore and relax. Beautiful.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  7. That looked like such a nice excursion. Loved all your photos. The weather cooperated and it did not rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous location. The boat ride looks like fun. I love the limestone cliffs and beautiful skies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much to see and experience; this is an amazing park!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had splendid weather for your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great place to visit. It is beautiful!! I always like to see old industrial areas repurposed for recreation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks very relaxing.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  13. That does look a magic place to visit...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice park! I would want to take the boat ride.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a very nice Visit To Gunung Lang Recreational Park. I hope to visit there one day. Will you go again for another visit anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one visit is good enough for me.

      Delete
  16. It's a lovely park to explore and relax in, by the way. It would feel cool to be near a lake and a forest canopy in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the scenery during the short boat ride.

      Delete
  17. Se ve todo precioso. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so glad you went on this adventure. It must have been interesting to ride on the boat, to share experience with 9 other people, lucky to have shade trees and water to beat the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the lovely scenery during the boat ride, even though it was a short ride.

      Delete
  19. Good way to utilise old mining ponds and the limestone cliffs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Hope they will keep the place well maintained to keep the tourists coming.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...