Friday 13 May 2022

Gulai Lemak Udang (Prawn Curry) & Roasted Pork For Dinner

We had a lovely sunrise on this particular morning.

Lovely pink sunrise.
Took these snapshots on our morning walk.

Beautiful sunrise.
~~~~~
We walked to our regular coffee shop for breakfast.
We shared a bowl of fish noodle.
Polo bun sandwich with ham and fried egg for sharing.
I ordered herbal tea and hubby ordered unsweetened coffee (kopi-C kosong).
~~~~~
After breakfast, we visited an old friend who came back from KL during the Hari Raya weeklong holiday.
We met at a food court near to her place. We ordered cold drinks and our favourite snack. The days pass by so fast and we want to appreciate every moment together.
~~~~~
Home cooked dinner.
Gulai lemak udang or Prawn curry with turmeric and coconut milk. I used belimbing buluh and pineapples. This was suppose to be a one dish dinner.
Just as I was halfway cooking the prawn curry, my neighbour handed over some roasted pork. When the prawn curry was cooked, I handed over a portion to them.
A blessing that we are neighbours.
Ixora flowers from my garden.
It was in a semi shaded place, now we have moved it to an open space without shade.


The LORD himself watches over you!
The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.
(Psalm 121:5, New Living Translation-NLT)

41 comments:

  1. Stunning skies and ohhh... was in a long meeting and only now have some carrots and cucumber and ohhhh that Polo bun sandwich looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You eat so healthy for your lunch. I have been putting on weight.

      Delete
  2. I love those kerepeks - yours look generous with the peanuts and the ikan bilis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your neighbour is so kind to bless you with roasted pork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice of your neighbour to give roasted pork. Yes, blessing to have good, thoughtful neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sunrise shots are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s The roasted pork from your neighbour looks droolworthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, they have to queue for the roasted pork.

      Delete
  7. A good friend and a good neighbor, great sunrise and great food - what else could one wish?

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...a rosey beginning and a rosey ending!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always get stuck on your food. I come here early in the morning and you make me hungry. I've not even gone on my walk yet. Breakfast is hours away.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Good that it gives you a good appetite for your breakfast.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful morning skies & delicious dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing skies you captured for us. They are beautiful. I love how you share things with your neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That prawn curry looks absolutely delicious! I love pineapple, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love pineapple, especially in curries.

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous sky, and your flowers are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Nancy, I loved the Polo bun sandwich with ham and fried egg.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Gulai Lemak Udang that you cooked is so delicious! Sure can eat many bowls of rice with it. What prawns did you use to cook it? Tiger prawns you bought from the wet market? So delicious. So nice of your neighbour to give you both Roasted Pork For Dinner. I like the tiny ixora flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I bought the prawns from the morning road side stall.

      Delete
  16. The curry and roast pork together is a good combo. So end up both you and your neighbour had the same combo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ham and egg sounds strange for us it is bacon and egg, more great photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ham and egg or bacon and egg will be fine for me.lol...

      Delete
  18. Nice sharing with the neighbour, and your sunrise sky is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...