Monday 23 May 2022

Fish Noodle In Curry, Fish Noodle In Soup & Singapore Curry Noodle

Sometimes we get bored with the food in our area so we will go elsewhere for breakfast. Hubby's friend shared a place in Bercham which we haven't been to. So, one morning after our morning walk, we drove to Kedai Kopi Tasek Indra in Bercham (next to Lotus shopping mall, formerly Tesco Extra).

We ordered a bowl of Singapore curry laksa consisting of yellow noodle, tofu puff, fish cake, chicken strips and beansprout.
We also ordered a bowl of fish noodle with rice vermicelli, 3 pieces of fried fish and pickled salted vegetable. We will be back because there are many stalls serving different varieties.
Canna Lily in front of another coffee shop.
Another morning, we visited Kedai Kopi Kam Heng, also in Bercham. This is our 2nd visit here.
Our friends ordered this bowl of curry noodle with fried fish to share.
We have tried the curry fish noodle on our 1st visit, so this time we ordered fried fish noodle in non spicy soup with milk and wine. Hubby and I shared this bowl and we prefer this than the curry version.
I saw some customers enjoying the fried fat noodle which is one of my favourite fried noodles. This will have to wait till my next visit.
Cassava roots from our friend.
After peeling off the skin from the root, I will keep them in the freezer. I like to eat them boiled them in water with some salt. Drain off the water once the root is softened.
~~~~~
We are having hot and humid weather and we love to drink coconut water. There was once the seller gave us a lot of coconut flesh which we couldn't finish. I kept the coconut flesh in the fridge and used it to steam fish for dinner that evening.
Steamed fish with lime sauce and fresh coconut flesh cut into strips (my own recipe). Surprising, the dish turned out very good and appetizing.
Blanched green vegetable (choy fah) and topped with chili oil.
Chinese painting mural on the concrete wall fence of a Chinese school.

Linking to Monday Mural.

At that time, everyone will get along with one another,
with friendly visits across the fence,
friendly visits on one another's porches.
(Zechariah 3:10, The Message-MSG)

30 comments:

  1. I'm curious about the Cassava roots; never heard about or seen any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought cassava too the other day - in my blogpost yesterday. The yellow variety - so much nicer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yellow variety is not always available.

      Delete
  3. That steamed fish looks fabulous, Nancy. Have never had fresh cassava. Did they have the similar taste and texture as taro?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had cassava, so don't know how it tastes. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your soft coconut strips dish is delicious, and the weather there appears to be similar to ours. It seems you are exploring the new place well, and I loved the canna lily flowers, which I saw all over the neighborhood once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Canna Lily is so beautiful Nancy. Have a wonderful day.


    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. Have a wonderful day too.

      Delete
  7. Yummy food and as usual I've not had breakfast yet. You made my stomach growl.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous week too.

      Delete
  8. This post has many interesting pictures. I love all kinds of curry. The art is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lily is beautiful, and so is the mural.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it fun to try a new recipe you came up with and find it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Among these 3 dishes: Fish Noodle In Curry, Fish Noodle In Soup, Singapore Curry Noodle, I believe I would like fish noodle in soup but I would try all 3 dishes. Wow so many cassava roots, are you going to make bingka ubi kuih with them? I like your creativity to use the coconut meat with fish. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be making ubi bingka. I used all to boil in water with salt.

      Delete
  12. All that soup[ looks good. LOVE that mural. Very Chinese.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The food looks yum and I love the mural!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The coconut strips look nice also in that dish, makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, something different. Glad it turned out tasty.

      Delete
  15. Siempre interesante. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...