Tuesday 23 August 2022

Lunch At Cafe Wonderland, Ipoh

First, I would like to apologize to my blogger friends who have not received my comments lately. Only recently, I found out by coincidence that my comments were not published on some of the posts that I have visited and commented. I don't know why or what went wrong. So sorry, if my comment does not appear on your posts.

The 1st time we wanted to visit Cafe Wonderland, our car broke down half way. The 2nd time saw a long queue waiting to be seated, so we went off to another place. Finally on this 3rd time which was on a Monday, there was no queue. We finally get to taste some of the food here.

Some of the food served here.
Hubby and I ordered the iced lemon water while our friend ordered iced coffee.
Hubby and I shared this bowl of assam laksa.
Our friend ordered this black or charcoal toast for sharing. This was his love at first taste.
This garlic bread also for sharing.
I took some snapshots while waiting for our food to be served.
Just enjoy the photos and decorations of this place.



The above is for Tuesday's Treasures.


We came across this strange plant at the parking lot.
It says here that this is the Screw Pine or Pandan Laut tree.
Screw pine (pandanus tectorius) is an evergreen tree that can grow 4 to 14 meters tall. It is supported by aerial roots that firmly anchor the tree to the ground. It also serves as a windbreak to protect coastal areas. Screw pine produces edible fruits resembling pineapples and its leaf fibers can be used for weaving.

Aerial roots that firmly anchors the screw pine tree to the ground.


This certain hope of being saved
is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls,
connecting us with God himself behind the sacred curtains of heaven.
(Hebrews 6:19, The Living Bible-TLB)

41 comments:

  1. The charcoal toast sounds interesting.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, not your fault about the comments because somehow they go into my spam folder. I always check and when I see yours, I publish your comments. Don't know why this happens. Very interesting the pandan laut. I wonder if the leaves are also fragrant like the regular pandan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. The leaves are too high up to get to smell.

      Delete
  3. The food there is nice, a bit overpriced.. but then who is complaining... hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about the pricing. Can only afford to go once in a while.

      Delete
  4. Oh it's pandan LAUT. Never saw a regular pandan growing so tall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting place. The owner(s) must be very artistic. I don't think I've had any problem with your comments in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...often a comment that appears to disappear is labelled spam and when you go to your dashboard you can publish it. I love all of the decor and it's nice to see a screw pine again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. I don't have problem with comments going to my Spam folder but some of my blogger friends were treated as anonymous.

      Delete
  7. Simple and elegantly decorated walls with those painted frames and unusual stuff to see outside, including the one-of-a-kind tree with numerous limb support. It's great that you can finally visit the cafe and sample your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeevan. We love to visit new places to taste their food.

      Delete
  8. That screw pine is something else. Nature designs what it needs, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Nancy for the screw pine tree info. Oh, so the charcoal toasts are very tasty? I like the look of the garlic bread more, so soft and fluffy. This Cafe Wonderland, Ipoh seems to be a very suitable hangout place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charcoal toast is for those who likes crispy toast.

      Delete
  10. The tree is amazing, and the food looks wonderful. We have found that Mondays are not crowded to eat out at all, because most people have already eaten out on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. Most of the eateries will open for the weekend to accommodate outstation visitors and then close on Mondays. Some will close Mondays & Tuesdays.

      Delete
  11. Love the collage (first picture) of some of the foods. The charcoal toast looks interesting! The whole place , inside and outside, looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's been awhile since I've had garlic bread.

    I check my spam comments a couple times a day. Sometimes your comments are among the legitimate comments in there. It's just a matter of clicking publish on each.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William. I hope Blogger will solve this problem.

      Delete
  13. What A Delightful Post - Excellent Captures - Travel On

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a beautiful place, i hope the food was as good as the decor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lindas pinturas y bella escultura del búho. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not sure charcoal toast and colorful art.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would enjoy looking at the photos on the wall. Not so crazy about charcoal bread. Tasted few times. Prefer plain white bread. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I am quite happy having plain toast bread.

      Delete
  18. Todo se ve interesante. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks like a great place to be! I love the decor and the food looks tempting as well

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...