Tuesday 30 August 2022

Noodles For Breakfast And Claypot Chicken Rice For Dinner

We went out for morning walk as usual.

Morning sky at 7:45am.
Returned home, swept the porch area and watered the plants. Then we drove out to pick up our friends for breakfast at Bercham Great Wall Kopitiam.
Our friend's latte and toast (not in the picture).
The rest of us ordered Chinese tea and warm water.
Curry noodle for me.
Pork noodle with salted vegetable and tofu for a friend.
Hong Kong chee cheong fun with bbq pork filling for hubby.
Purple wishbone flowers from my garden.
For dinner, hubby and I went to WK Claypot House at 101, Lengkok Rishah 3, Taman Silibin Ria, Ipoh.
Claypot chicken rice with Chinese sausage and salted fish.
So far, this is the best claypot chicken rice we have tasted.
Appetizing sweet, sour and spicy mustard green.
For greater omph, I like to eat the claypot chicken rice with this green bird's eye chilies in soy sauce.
Red sugar cane drink.
I took this snapshot while waiting for the traffic light to turn green.
What attracted me is the design above the top floor windows.
This old building has been given a new coat of paint.
This lot is now occupied by a boutique.


As for me, God forbid that I should boast about anything
except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Because of that cross, my interest in all the attractive things
of the world was killed long ago,
and the world's interest in me is also long dead.
(Galatians 6:14, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. The Wishbone flowers are gorgeous! And the coffee is too pretty to drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the last photo and all the food looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coffee looks so nice! Sadly my stomach cannot take coffee no more.
    I never heard of wishbone flowers! How wonderful!
    Hmmm, mustard - I think I know what we will have on the weekend!
    And a beautiful building, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love coffee but trying to cut down coffee.

      Delete
  4. The claypot chicken rice is very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo...the claypot chicken rice looks gorgeous. We had a very good one here - Claypot King but last I went to check, they were no longer where they were. Hopefully they moved elsewhere and I will be able to locate them one of these days. There is another place here - Claypot House...but not worth a second visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few in our area but this one is our favourite.

      Delete
  6. The food looks wonderful, and the coffee is perfectly served! Nice flowers, too. Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs. Thank you, Valerie. Have a lovely day too.

      Delete
  7. Too early for curry noodle for me so pork noodle for me if I am to choose. Claypot rice!! How I miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That claypot chicken rice looks so so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...Nancy, it's nice to see that the classic building has been cared for, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wishbone flowers. Although, I can't figure out why they are called that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice series of photos!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2022/08/classics.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful day filled with delicious food.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me encantarĂ­a probar algunas de tus comidas. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such devious food. Have a lovely and wonderful day. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Nancy for sharing about your day with us. All the food for breakfast look delicious. I would eat a bit of each if possible. Your dinner of claypot chicken rice and sour spicy vege are so flavourful. Will you be going back regularly to eat these two dishes since they are very tasty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mun. Whenever we want claypot rice, this will be the place to go to.

      Delete
  16. Aren't the chilies really hot to eat? The coffee was beautiful before drinking. Have a wonderful day Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. The chilies are not very hot.

      Delete
  17. Tasty photos! I had hot chocolate and croissants for my breakfast! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, I will order coffee and croissant sandwich.

      Delete
  18. Love the flowers and the building design is quite pretty.

    Are those chilis extra spicy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. To me, the chilies are not extra spicy.

      Delete
  19. Genial restaurante me dio ganas del café. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...