Wednesday 5 August 2015

Sekinchan, Here We Come! #2 - Paddy Gallery

Sekinchan #2 - Paddy Gallery.

After the brief introduction and short video show, we were free to view the exhibits leisurely on our own. I took many photos but sadly some didn't turn up well.

As you view my photos, you can also read about the steps of processing the harvest. Information shared here were gathered from the exhibits.
Old fashioned tools.
Step 1 - Boiler.
Paddy husk used as fuel for the Boiler to dry the paddy in the drier.
Old fashioned weighing machines.
Step 2 - Blower.
Pressure feed the heat from Boiler to the drying oven for drying paddy.
Step 3 - Storage.
Dried paddy stored in Storage for cooling.
An abacus calculator and old fashioned weighing machine and weights.
Step 4 - Rice Huller Machine.
Removes the husk from paddy by application of the wind.
Threshing Tub
Step 5 - Paddy Separator.
Separates the shelled paddy from the unshelled ones. The unshelled paddy will roll back to the rice huller machine again.
Metal hooks to pull or to handle the gunny sacks.
Step 6 - Rice Polisher Machine.
Polishes the rice and where the rice bran (kernel) is also removed from the rice.
Scarecrow dressed in local costume
Step 7 - Rice Grading Machine.
To separate the whole rice from the broken rice.
Gathering machine.
Step 8 - Destoner Machine.
To remove stones and broken rice completely from the product.
Bamboo stool, also serves as baby chair.
At present time these stools are no longer cheap.
Step 9 - Color Sorter.
Remove the black and immature rice completely to make it superior in quality.
Bamboo Fish Traps
Old fashioned household items and furniture.
Miniature replica of a old fashioned well.
Modern machinery.
Equipped with modern technology.
Hubby making payment at the cashier counter.
I bought a packet of 2 kg Healthy Brown Rice.
And a packet of dried brown rice noodle.
Two small packets of souvenir in exchange for our 2 tickets.
After the Paddy Gallery, we drove to this place.
Thought of buying some local mangoes. There was a big crowd before us.
The good ones were all taken. We left without buying anything.
The brown rice we bought from Sekinchan.
This morning, I used the brown rice to boil porridge or congee. I am not particular, I just make do with whatever ingredients I had. Some of you may think this is a weird combination of ingredients.  Here is my self-created recipe. The ingredients I used for my porridge were brown rice, a few spoonful of rolled oats, minced pork, salted egg, preserved century egg, taro or yam cubes. Hmmm...not bad leh....my porridge tasted yummy...ha ha! Self praise is no praise!

Praise our God, all peoples, let the sound of His praise be heard;
He has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping.
For you, God, tested us; You refined us like silver.
(Psalm 66:8-10, NIV)

40 comments:

  1. Interesting Nancy. I would like some of that dried brown rice noodles. Have a fantastic day. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul, I still have not cook the brown rice noodles yet. If I could, I wouldn't mind sharing the noodles with you...lol! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. What a fun day. I would have loved to go along and I would love to try your porridge too. It looks yummy.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. I would love to share the porridge with you...lol! Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. Looks like fun, great photos too. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing that abacus, I wonder what children today would make of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi William, over here some schools value the effectiveness of the abacus and they are teaching their students how to use the abacus. And many parents are sending their children for abacus tuition.

      Delete
  5. Ha-ha I think it should taste good. Not weird ma. Thanks for sharing your experience and the photos were helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elin, you know me la...I find the one dish very easy and fast and I love yam, so to me it was yummy! Ha haaa..

      Delete
  6. porridge looks tasty. believe you enjoyed your day very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irvine, oh yes porridge very tasty and the trip was a great one. Have a great day!

      Delete
  7. Your congee looks yummy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow a lot of machines I don't know thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gosia, it is also my first time seeing all these machines.

      Delete
  9. I have porridge most morning but mine has microwaved rolled oats in a bit of water, raisins and nuts and sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and walnuts.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, I love your type of porridge too but my hubby doesn't know how to enjoy it. If I am eating alone, that would be my style of porridge.

      Delete
  10. Brown rice is certainly healthier to be consumed. Nice tour, Nancy. Now I lerrn something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have since switched to brown rice because we need to control our glucose level.

      Delete
  11. the Scarecrow looks really scary leh, Must not see that at night or else........

    I wonder if the factory open on sunday or not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't want to see a scarecrow in the night also because my imagination will definitely play tricks on me. I think I wouldn't want to be with a scarecrow alone by my self hahaaa....If you need any information, you can try calling these numbers - 603-3243 6558 / 016-205 6558

      Delete
  12. Interesting to see the step by step processing. The porridge looks great to me. I love to add yam & potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene, actually it was the first time I added yam, usually I will add potatoes.

      Delete
  13. Nancy, it is good for us to have an insight about how the rice we eat is processed from the field before it reaches our table. I think many of us don't know but now you do! I think your porridge looks rather good. I will eat the century eggs first hah..hah...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. I forgot to mention that brown rice retains the bran layer and the germ but the white rice has both removed. So brown rice is richer in nutrient!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for sharing...

    The porridge looks good...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a lot of hard work is involved. But also fun! That porridge is perfect especially now that it's raining here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lux, this helps to appreciate the workers involved so that we have rice on our table.

      Delete
  16. I can only begin to imagine all the hard work that goes into rice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least now with modern machinery, the hard work has been much reduced. Those without machine, everything has to be done by hands.

      Delete
  17. Entrance to Paddy Gallery is free? That porridge you made looks good to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the entrance fee is RM5. Then you can exchange the ticket for a small packet of rice as souvenir.

      Delete
  18. "Self praise is no praise!" Ohhhh, I don't know Nancy. I think it's ok to give ourselves a pat on the back occasionally ..haha ^.^

    I'm definitely keeping Sekinchan in mind now that I know it's full of interesting things to see and experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, ya hor....some times we need to praise ourselves a bit to inspire to do better..haha! I don't mind visiting local places, sometimes these small places do have some interesting things to offer...it all depends on what we are looking for. I hope you will find Sekinchan an interesting place and if you like seafood, it seems the seafood there very popular.

      Delete
  19. I like all the ingredients in your porridge. So tasty, not strange at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mun. The yam adds to the flavour too!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...