Thursday 27 August 2015

Enjoying Chef Fatt's Dim Sum With Friends

Last Saturday hubby and I had a breakfast date with our old friends, Mr & Mrs Yew. It has been quite a while since we last had our breakfast together. We agreed to meet at their church which is halfway between her house and ours.
On our way to meet up with our friends, we drove by this kindergarten.
The wall painting was nicely done and I took a snapshot of it together with the fencing to share in this post.
When we reached their church, our friends got into our car and informed us that they wanted to give us a dim sum breakfast treat.
What a blessing to have a parking lot waiting for us right in front of
Restoran Chef Fatt which serves Hong Kong dim sum.
Dim Sum menu posted on the glass panel.
We started off with fishballs! 4 steamed fish balls for 4 of us.
4 steamed pre-fried fish balls.
Half way through our food, I suddenly remembered I have not taken photos of these 4 items or dumplings. Put them together and this will do!
I only know siew mai, har kau and the other 2 items, I do not know.
2 taro puffs, to be shared by 4 people. 
Pan fried white raddish cake.
Specially ordered from the kitchen.
Freshly cooked, piping hot Deep Fried Noodle (yee mee) with thick gravy.
Again, it was only after I have divided up the noodle into individual bowls, did I remember to snap photo, so I took a photo of my bowl of noodle.
After breakfast, we sent our friends back to their church.
We were invited to take a look at the roses in full bloom, planted by Mr Yew.
He has green fingers. He planted 2 pots of these beautiful red roses.
Hope he remembers to propagate some stem cuttings for me. Lol!
On our way home from the church, we have to cross this bridge with the metal fencing on both sides.
Linked to Good Fences.

Let this message sink into the ears of anyone who listens
to what the Spirit is saying to the churches:
To everyone who is victorious,
I will give fruit from the Tree of Life in the Paradise of God.
(Revelation 2:7, TLB)

50 comments:

  1. Hello, I like teh cute mural on the first image. The food looks delicious! And the roses are just beautiful. Wonderful fence shot and photos. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, I'm like that too - sometimes I forget to take photos. In fact on two occasions I only realized after the meal! The roses are so beautiful and so many blooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, I did it again. Took my friends out for dinner. Almost finished only realized I haven't taken any photos. So forgetful!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful mural on the kindergarten wall. Very pretty coloured roses. Delicious looking breakfast and always nice to share with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like the wall mural too! My friends and I will meet up quite often.

      Delete
  4. Wa Mr.Yew really has green fingers. The roses are in full blooms...beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Elin. The roses are really bloom so beautifully!

      Delete
  5. I like to eat dim sum and I like the beautiful roses too. I wish I could plant a rose bush like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mun, I am hoping to plant one rose bush too.

      Delete
  6. I love the wall mural in your first photo, Nancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, Thank you and I love the wall mural too!

      Delete
  7. What a cute kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roses are hard to plant but it seems that your friend has green fingers. Dim sum looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene, I only have the local ones which are more hardy, but this type I do not have....wanting for my friend to propagate for me....

      Delete
  9. The kindergarten is lovely and food too

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely, how delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I'm going to have to go back to China Town in San Francisco and have Dim Sum. Love Dim Sum and yours looks mighty good.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandee, oh yes, do go & enjoy the dim sum meal in China Town. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  12. The kids can remember where the Kindergarten building is. Cute mural. Interesting food again for us to see. There must be so many different tastes with such a variety.
    Have a great day Nancy.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many varieties and many flavours. Have a great day!

      Delete
  13. The kindergarten is beautiful and the food sounds delicious!
    Love the roses too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute kindergarten place! the roses are beautiful, too! thank you, nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The roses are beautiful!

    That Save One person above is a spammer. He was making the rounds for awhile some months back on photoblogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William for the info. I appreciate it. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  16. I love the kindergarten wall Mural, Very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  17. Love the kindergarten walls! And I am guilty of eating half of the food and realizing I should have taken a pic! It looks delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeannette. I guess we are all guilty of this. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  18. That school did have a cute mural and some nice fencing. - I also liked the fence at the end of your shot. I still say you certainly eat much different food from what I would have for breakfast here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ida. Over here, we have many varieties of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And they are mostly very different from the western food.

      Delete
  19. Lovely roses, I'm sure you'll have great luck with them!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am patiently waiting to receive the propagated baby plants from my friend.

      Delete
  20. At one time I had quite a lot of those rose plants, in different colours. All dead now hehe. What to do, no green fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I have grown our local, more hardy rose plant but I have tried these roses yet.

      Delete
  21. A very nice breakfast date with your friends. And your friend has beautiful roses plants too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, after I have seen the roses blooming, I am tempted to try grow them too.

      Delete
  22. I loves the wall painting on the first picture...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gosh the roses are so beautiful!

    Lol...yea it happens to me too ...eat halfway then recalled forgotten to snap pic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tempted to grow the roses..lol! Many times I forget to take pics.

      Delete
  24. I like the HK chee cheon Fun most,provided they sell it there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thomas, they do sell HK chee cheong fun there but we didn't order it.

      Delete
  25. Yum yum yum! Dim sum!
    I hope to see you at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/08/bennett-place-bit-of-history.html, and please join us each week for Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, thank you for your visit and comment. Will drop by to visit you.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...