Friday 28 August 2015

Walking Exercise, Trees And Sunrise

We have just resumed our morning walk after a long rest for more than a month. It started when hubby was down with influenza and after that I too caught the flu bug. This time my cough dragged on for more than 2 weeks. I allowed my body to fight its own battle. The only medication I took was some cough mixture.
Two days ago we went back to the recreation park for our walking exercise. It was a lovely morning and we got to see the lovely sunrise.

As I walk, I enjoyed looking at the trees and plants around me.

There is this tree bending down towards the pond. I name it drinking tree because it looks like it is drinking from the lake.

That morning, some one else also express interest in the drinking tree.


What should I call this tree? Curved or Bent tree?

Halfway through our morning walk, the track was blocked by a fallen branch. The branch must have broke off from the tree during the previous night's heavy rain and very strong wind.
We have to walk on the grass to continue our walk on the track.
The fallen branch had knocked off the lamp from the lamp post and the lamp post was in a dangerous slanted position.


Palm trees beside the lake.

Found this round wild mushroom beside the walking track one morning during the wet season. It was about the size of a tennis ball and it looked like a brain.
Some one planted this South African grass or African leaves in the park. It is said that eating the leaves helps to lower cholesterol but prolong and careless consumption may lead to poisoning and damage of internal organs.
There is also a Noni plant planted in the centre of a small roundabout in the park. This is a small unripe noni fruit.
Spider Lily Plants with flowers.

A leaning tree facing the low cost flats.

Trees planted in a straight, neat row beside the drain.

Linked to Skywatch Friday.

Hallelujah! O servants of Jehovah, praise His name.
Blessed is His name forever and forever.
Praise Him from sunrise to sunset!
For He is high above the nations;
His glory is far greater than the heavens.
(Psalm 113:1-4, The Living Bible-TLB)

43 comments:

  1. Hello, pretty sunrise and lovely scenes from your morning walk. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. Have a beautiful weekend.

      Delete
  2. How a very unusual tree, the drinking tree. The Spider Lily Plants with flowers scares me because I hate spiders. Yuck!
    Maybe I should get back to walking also. I gained some weight and I'm trying to lose again. Walking would be good.
    Have a brilliant Friday Nancy. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul, I hate spiders too but these spider lilies are not scary. I too need to shed some weight too. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  3. I feel guilty!! No exercising in polo for a long time now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am guilty too, rested too long, now must take longer walks.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely place for walking. I would have loved to go with you.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandee, early morning is the best time to walk here, I enjoyed the surrounding very much.

      Delete
  5. You took us on a lovely walk, with some lovely tress, such a shame about the one damaged in the storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fallen branch was cleared but the main tree looks like it wouldn't be able to stand for long too.

      Delete
  6. It looks like a lovely place for an early morning walk. Sorry that you both had a bad flu but I'm glad you're feeling better. That bent tree is interesting. Maybe a lot of people use it as a place to rest.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia. I am alright now, back to my normal self. Have a happy weekend!

      Delete
  7. Nice place to go for brisk walking :) that bent tree is truly an amazing sight

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy you live in a nice area. Take and be healthy. Hugs from Poland. Gosia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. Have a lovely weekend! Hugs from Malaysia.

      Delete
  9. Is the buah noni related to soursop? I have not eaten a buah noni at all. Where is this park? So green and with nice matured trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mun, the buah noni is different from soursop. I think noni is good for juice. I don't like the taste of noni as a fruit but I like to eat soursop and drink its juice.

      Delete
  10. That's a lovely place to take a morning walk, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. It will be crowded if we go a bit later in the morning.

      Delete
  11. I really like the misty mood in these shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William. Its beautiful when the morning light breaks through and we get this misty mood.

      Delete
  12. Hi, Nancy!
    I can't begin to tell you the peace I feel viewing your photos. How outstanding your photography of God's beauty. Thank you so much. My spirit man thanks you!!!!

    Have a great weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. All praise and glory to our God Almighty. Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  13. Pretty shots, and I've never seen a tree quite like your "drinking" tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful, Nancy! I love everything here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Every morning when I walk here, I get to enjoy and appreciate these beauties.

      Delete
  15. Such a wonderful collection Nancy! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice place to go for exercise & amaze at the drnking tree. You are very observant observing all the plants & greens around you. Beautiful shot of everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irene. Sometimes, when I see dogs around the area, I wanted to take some snap shots of them but there are too fast for me.

      Delete
  17. I didn't exercise for 1 week liao, must get back asap liao...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also take cough syrup when I am down with cough. And takes longer to heal too as age catching up.

    Nice walk and photo-taking. I have not really doing any exercise for a long time. Must resume when my youngest going to school next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, I only started my walking exercise after I retired.

      Delete
  19. I am also recovering from a horrid summer flu. I hope that you are both well, Nancy!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amalia. Hubby and I are well now. I hope you have fully recovered from the flu by now. Take care.

      Delete
  20. I love this post...loved seeing where you walk. Also, always interested in the plants...I had never heard of a noni, nor spider lilies. I love the Drinking Tree, also the curved one...been trying to think of a different name for it and coming up blank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I too have been thinking of putting a different name but couldn't find a suitable one so ended up "the drinking tree". Lol!

      Delete
  21. Nancy, I love the tress and greenery. So pleasing to the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Phong Hong. It is a beautiful and pleasing place for morning walks.

      Delete
  22. From the angle, I thought that dog was a horse at first.

    Yep, coughs are very hard to recover from! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...