Wednesday 19 August 2015

Chee Cheong Fun Under The Big Shady Tree At Lorong Lahat, Ipoh

Whenever we feel like having chee cheong fun (steamed flat rice roll) for lunch, we used to think of the one in old town. But parking in old town during lunch hours is a big problem. It is worse during the weekends and public holidays.

So now, whenever we feel like eating chee cheong fun in the afternoon, we will go to Lorong Lahat. We will have to wait till it opens its stall around 3.00 pm. Sometimes, after driving all the way there, the mobile stall was no where to be seen. The next time I eat there, I must remember to find out the exact time the business starts and also its rest day.
This is the chee cheong fun mobile stall. I was told that this uncle has been selling chee cheong fun for many years under this big, shady tree.
Business is very good because the chee cheong fun is very tasty and silky smooth.
We, like these customers do not mind sitting in the open under the big, shady trees, even risking the dried leaves, etc dropping onto our food. Unless there is strong wind, this is not likely to happen.
This is chee cheong fun noodle (cut steamed flat rice roll) steamed together with dried shrimp. This version is served with mushroom gravy, chili sauce, deep fried shallots, sesame seeds and pickled green chili.
Our preference is the dried version with just a little bit of onion oil, sesame seeds and deep fried shallots with some pickled green chili. But each time, the uncle mistakenly served us with this gravy version. Anyway, we didn't complain because the gravy version tasted just as good too. We have yet to get to try the dry version. Hopefully next visit, the uncle will remember our order.
I ordered the above fried snacks to try on our latest visit from another stall but these turned out to be oily and not to my liking.
To me, the white coffee here is very good, it gives me the oomph!
The other glass is juice from the leaves of Centella Asiatica or daun pegaga in Malay or pang dai woon in Cantonese.
This is a very cooling drink with medicinal value.
Never let yourself think that you are wiser than you are;
simply obey the LORD and refuse to do wrong.
If you do, it will be like good medicine,
healing your wounds and easing your pains.
(Proverbs 3:7-8, GNT)

44 comments:

  1. Nice leh..Do he have the round CCF.? Ilike round ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so, It is just the normal ones with the dried shrimps. I too like the round ones with stuffing, right?

      Delete
  2. Nancy, I am a CCF fan. The customers such as yourself love the CCF enough and don't mind sitting in the open air. You don't need classy environment to enjoy very good food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, I have to make many trips before I get to eat the CCF. CCF & iced white coffee, my perfect combination!

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious and great fun sitting out in the open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like this simple and casual setting, no need to dress up.

      Delete
  4. You show the most interesting food! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom, I am a food lover! Have a happy day!

      Delete
  5. Hello, these sound like delicious dishes. Looks like a nice outside setting. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I have tàsted this CCF in Lorong Lahat :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fun having CCF under the big trees. That glass of juice looks refreshing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene, sitting under the big trees is quite cool even in a hot sunny day.

      Delete
  8. It looks pretty yummy. I know whose blog I'm going to look for, for tips, before I head to Ipoh for a holiday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. I do hope I can lead you to the right place....lol!

      Delete
  9. Looks like a great time to enjoy a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Linda. Actually it is nice and fun to eat in the open under these shady trees.

      Delete
  10. You have the best meals ever. I want some of each of these meals. The iced coffee too.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandee, how I wish I can some over as soon as possible for you to enjoy, especially the iced coffee!

      Delete
  11. i remember i had one with a similar uncle lol. guess they look similar whenever they are selling chee cheong fann. looks good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irvine, you did? Lol! As long as the chee cheong fun is tasty, never mind the uncle ha ha..

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, I am quite fussy with ccf, but this one I really like!

      Delete
  13. Nancy the food is nice. I am curious about the leaves on the groung . They are so big. Do yok know the name of the tree from which the fell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gosia, I think this tree looks like the wild almond tree but I can't confirm it.

      Delete
  14. It looks yummy, to bad they gave you gravy instead of what you wanted.

    Tanya
    www.stripesnvibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya, I hope the next time he will get our order right.

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Hi William, the drinks and snacks were from another stall.

      Delete
  16. Business is blooming under the shady tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose, it is especially so when the ccf stall opens for business.

      Delete
  17. I would love eating out in the open like that...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing. I have not heard of this stall before. Must go and search when I am back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, according to my friend, the stall has been in operation for a long time. I hope you will find the stall doing its business when you are back.

      Delete
  19. The uncle looks like he has a good business with very little cost. Outdoor dining is the cheapest but at the mercy of the weather. Does he do take outs on rainy days? The noodles does look smooth as silk.
    hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia. The uncle's business is very good. He won't be doing any business on rainy days!

      Delete
  20. Wa ...beautiful red lily ginger. Wish I have space ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...I think you placed your comment in the wrong post leh...lol!

      Delete
  21. Gorgeous photos, Nancy, of foods I would love to try! I'm a noodle lover. You end your posts with powerful Bible verses. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I already fall for this looking at his motorised stall! And the white tshirt, old uncle and all. So classic.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Stacy, this is no longer a common sight. This belong to the older generation, the stall and the pagoda t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...