Wednesday 12 August 2015

Simple And Tasty Meals At The MIA Noodle House, Menglembu

I was first introduced to this place in Menglembu by my ex-colleagues who brought me here for breakfast one morning. I am always happy to see my ex-colleagues and it is so kind of them to remember the retirees even though we have retired. It is good to be able to meet up once in a while to keep our nurture our friendship.

BREAKFAST - with ex-colleagues.
A bowl of Fried Chili Ban Mee.
2 slices of toasted white bread served with 2 slices of butter and
egg & coconut milk jam (egg kaya).
Ban mee (noodle) in soup with deep fried anchovies, fish balls and greens.
Spring rolls. Photo taken after half have been eaten.

LUNCH
About a week after I came back from my holidays, I called up my friend to make a lunch date with her and her hubby. We came here for a quick lunch. This time we ordered the lunch set.
Assam Fish Curry set.
With rice - normal sized portion, special with half lime and lettuce.
Braised Pork Belly with Wood Fungus. 
 White rice - a normal sized portion.
 The above as a set.
Grouper fish slices with young ginger slices and spring onions + white rice.
Too taken up with our conversation, jokes and laughter,
I didn't remember to note down the prices for all the above orders.

LUNCH
I came back another day for a simple lunch with hubby.
Sambal Fried Rice @ RM5.80 
Fried Chili Ban Mee @ RM5.00. 
Meat Roll @ RM4.80.

The pricing here is reasonable and I wouldn't mind coming back again.
 We proclaim to you what we ourselves have actually seen and
heard so that you may have fellowship with us.
And our fellowship is with the Father
and with His Son, Jesus Christ.
(1 John 1:3, NLT)

39 comments:

  1. Food and price seem good. Definitely a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mun, I fully agree with you. Will definitely go back for more.

      Delete
  2. Nancy all looks deliciuos. Is it cheaper eat in the restaurant at your country or at home. In Poland is cheaper at home. The food in Europe is rather expensive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gosia, it all depends on the food we order. Sometimes it is cheaper to eat out especially for dishes as shown above especially if for 1 or 2 person. But if it is for a family of maybe 4 to 5, then it is cheaper to cook at home.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The taste was okay, nothing special about it.

      Delete
  4. All the food looks great & prices are reasonable. Won't mind coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My next meal will be the Assam Fish Curry!

      Delete
    2. That would be my choice too, hahaha!!!....

      Delete
  5. What delicious meals! I miss braised pork belly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever there is braised pork belly, I will pick on the wood fungus!

      Delete
  6. I've not had breakfast yet and here I am drooling all over the food you've posted. Yummy.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Sandee, that means you have worked up a good appetite for your breakfast! Have a fabulous day too.

      Delete
  7. The food looks good and they have huge portions. You must feel full after this meal.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, the rice portion was huge. After eating, I was feeling drowsy....

      Delete
  8. I just had lunch and now you have made me hungry already. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom, tell me which of the food appeals to you? Have a great day!

      Delete
  9. What a delicious and amazing looking feast! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, it is always fun to eat with friends. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  10. Wow, tasty looking food, especially the breakfast - the chili ban me and the soup!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your posts always make me hungry) Looks like a nice place!

    Tanya
    www.StripesNVibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya, the place is small yet comfortable.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Hi William, there's quite a variety to choose from.

      Delete
  13. The soup Pan mee look so nice leh. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like pan mee in soup. That assam fish also attract me. Look like lately I have been seeing a lot of assam fish pictures. Lol. I also had a bowl of assam fish 2 weeks ago otherwise I would be drooling over yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I am the one drooling for Assam Fish, haven't have enough of it.

      Delete
  15. Nancy, I will go for the fried chilli ban mee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, I tried that and it was tasty!

      Delete
  16. Chilli soup looks dangerously delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lux, you mean the Assam Fish? That is a very appetizing item and is my favourite!

      Delete
  17. This shop sells quite a lot of things! Everything looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy, we saw many young families and working people patronizing this place. Lunch is usually packed!

      Delete
  18. good place! everythign seems fine to me

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...