Thursday 6 August 2015

Sekinchan Seaside

We drove around the village and then to Sekinchan town. It was way past lunch time and our tummies were growling.
 We, the passengers were looking left and right, looking for a shop
that we can go to for our lunch.
We caught sight of this building and we stopped to investigate.
 We came out from the shop carrying a few plastic bags.
 I bought a bottle of Crispy Prawn Chili and a bottle of Oil Soaked Salted Fish.
And I also bought some fresh sweet corns (jagung) and ciku fruits for our supper.
(no photos of sweet corn or ciku fruits to show)
 Then we came to this corner shop which I can't remember the name.
Order a few plates of flat rice noodles (chee cheong fun) to be shared.
We also ordered a plate of these goodies and some fried noodles to be shared.
Having silenced the growling of our tummies, we continued our tour.
  We drove around looking for the way to the seaside.
We got lost and went into a kampung.
 After a few turnings, we found our way to the beach.
From afar, this looked like a tree with hanging red flowers.
On the left is a temple and my friends went in to pray and came out with
 bright red ribbons attached with metal coins to throw onto the tree.
I like this "Love Sekinchan" signboard.
 While some of my friends were busy trying to get the red ribbons onto the tree,
I walked to the beach. Saw a pair of crows.
 This is the nearest I could get to take a snapshot of the crows.
Step by step, I slowly moved closer.
Feeling pleased with myself that I was able to take these photos.

  An old anchor. 
A returning fishing boat.
 It was a weekend and the beach was very quiet.  
  These tree houses reminded me of a Hong Kong movie "Outbound Love"
(starring Ruco Chen and Aimee Chan) shown on our local TV station which I enjoyed watching very much.
 (Left) A stall under a tree house.
(Right) Swinging chairs tied to the tree branches.
 Tree houses of different designs and sizes.
On closer look, I saw some people sleeping in the tree house.
Nice cool place to take an afternoon nap.
Boat house and a doggie resting next to the anchor.
Better view of the boat house.
Looks like a new project by the seaside.
My friends enjoying the evening sea breeze.
And I enjoyed walking along the seashore.


Linked to Good Fences and Skywatch Friday.

God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight,
and a breadth of understanding as measureless
as the sand on the seashore.
(1 Kings 4:29, NIV)

62 comments:

  1. Hello, Nancy! What a wonderful tour. I always love a view with water. And the tree with the red hanging flowers is gorgeous. Great post and photos! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throwing red ribbons onto a tree is such an interesting tradition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a belief that by hanging these red ribbons will bring blessing and their prayers answered.

      Delete
  3. I love the red ribbon with attached metal coins thrown into the tree. I was wondering if it was some sort of tradition or a fund raiser for some worthy cause.

    Take care.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, I think in this case it is a belief that by this there will be blessing and answered prayers.

      Delete
  4. Hello
    Many selections of photos. All are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carolann. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  5. neat seaside shots. the red ribbon tree is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Mancy. I was interesting and amazed with the tree with hanging red flowers. Food that we eat are very different in our two countries. Very interesting.
    Have a great day my friend. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. initially I thought red flowers but they were all red ribbons attached with coins hanging on the tree. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  7. If me, sure the crow will fly away before I can take a shot of it. Wonder how you did it. My favourite chee cheong fun. Love it heaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene, I think these crows more familiar with humans. I usually never have any success taking shots of birds this near, I only managed shots from afar. The ccf there quite tasty.

      Delete
  8. Nice seaside...yea just like the drama Outbound Love ...hehe you got good memory. Thanks for sharing. I understand Sekinchan has good food there... Fresh seafood esp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We planned to try the seafood there but didn't because we have a dinner treat in Sg. Buloh.

      Delete
  9. Nancy, what a fun post! I love all your photos and there are so many great things to see. That boat house is fantastic! :) I have always loved the sea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, I heard that during weekends, the place is filled with visitors and most of the stalls under the big trees will be open for business.

      Delete
  10. A great variety of interesting sights. Te red hanging on the tree is different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the place is near to my house, I would love to visit more often to enjoy the beach.

      Delete
  11. What a fun trip and your lunch looked so very good. You do know how to eat well.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Over here, we have lots of great choices of good food to suit individual's taste buds.

      Delete
  12. The mural on that building really stands out well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi William, yes, that was what caught my eye! Beautifully painted.

      Delete
  13. Nancy I am curious? Is is a black cow ? What is the tree with red branches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gosia, yes, it is a black cow. Those are not red branches but red ribbons hanging from the branches of the tree.

      Delete
  14. Love the mural. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. I know you would love this.

      Delete
  15. That mural on the building was very cool looking. - You do find interesting places to eat. Enjoyed the red ribboned tree, so cool looking. Pretty scene of the ocean too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ida, I am glad that you enjoyed my post and am very encouraged. I am enjoying what I am doing and sharing them in my posts.

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Hi Margaret, the tree looks very pretty and striking from afar.

      Delete
  17. Looks like an interesting day. I love the red tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyful. It was very interesting. Have a great day!

      Delete
  18. That ribbon tree is neat...the anchor with the boathouse is huge. And I loved seeing all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I am glad you enjoyed them.

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. It would be nice to visit in the late evening when it is not so hot and the breeze will be cooler.

      Delete
  20. Interesting usage of those big trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The villagers there are very creative. The tree houses for resting and napping. Under the tree businesses go on as usual.

      Delete
  21. wahhhh...so nice you went there ah... yes, Outbound Love.. my favourite series too that time.. and you got to see the real thing! So romantic yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa...when I saw the beach and tree houses, I tried to visualize and replayed that part of the movie in my mind!

      Delete
  22. You seem to had a nice trip, Nancy. Walking on the beach feeling the sea breeze is my favorite thing to do, and buying some local foods for lunch, too. Red ribbon flower tree is interesting.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yoko. I enjoyed the walk on the beach and so good to feel and smell the sea breeze.

      Delete
  23. Nancy, you have got me craving for chee cheong fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, so now its time to get your chee cheong fun!

      Delete
  24. what a nice tour! thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely tour, the tradition of the red ribbons was so interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a nice place, Nancy. Enjoyed reading about it. I love the kampung scene. It's so serene. The swinging chairs are a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. I can imagine sitting on the swinging chair under the tree in the cool evening, breathing in the sea breeze...

      Delete
    2. Oh, I like this vision a lot! :D

      Delete
  27. The tree with the red ribbons is the highlight for Sekinchan now.
    wishing you a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lay Hoon. Very soon the tree will be overloaded with hanging red ribbons with the coins. From afar it is really striking red and a pretty sight!

      Delete
  28. The tree houses qre really interesting. What a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mun, its a small and simple place but we enjoyed the trip.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...