Thursday 17 November 2016

Feeling Helpless When Our Car Stalled While Driving!

It is good to be back again after a very relaxed and enjoyable short holiday in the highlands at Fraser's Hill. Again? Yes, about 4 months ago we were in Fraser's Hill and we went back there because we enjoyed the company and the place. While the holiday photos are being sorted out, I wanted to share with you an incident that happened to us before our holiday trip.

Last Saturday evening, we were on our way to attend the Saturday church celebration. As we slowed down at the roundabout, the car suddenly stalled! Hubby tried to restart the car but the engine refused to get running. Thank goodness, the traffic was not heavy at that time. Hubby told me to take over the steering wheel while he pushed the car to the side of the road. Thank God for a young man and his dad who came over to help hubby pushed the car to a safe spot. We were very grateful and thankful for their help. They were really God sent!
Hubby called the mechanic to relate the situation to him. The mechanic suggested that one of the reason could be due to lack of water in the radiator. Hubby told me to wait in the car while he went to buy bottled drinking water from a nearby store.

While praying and sitting in the car, I was thinking to myself how convenient it will be if we know what was wrong with the car and be able to repair it ourselves. It is when we are faced with such a helpless situation, we realized how important it is to get hold of some automotive resources to have some knowledge to repair the car especially in times of emergency. I thank God that hubby was with me or else I will not know what to do as it was getting dark and feeling so unsafe.

Hubby came back with 2 big bottles of water (1500 ml). The 1st bottle went into the radiator and as hubby was pouring in the water from the 2nd bottle, water started to leak out from the radiator onto the ground. Anyway we were able to get the engine running and drove all the way home without the car stalling again. It was a great relief when the mechanic informed that the car engine was not seriously damage and he only found a hole in a hose. 
Image source: 10greatest.com

It was only last month when the same car refused to start at a parking lot because of a flat battery. I happened to be home at the time hubby called me. I had a set of Jumper Cables in my car and I drove over to the parking lot where hubby was waiting for me. With the Jumper Cables, hubby was able to jump start his car. I think each car should have a set of Jumper Cables because you will never know why they will come in handy.

Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD;
let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and extol him with music and song.
(Psalm 95:1-2, New International Version-NIV)

43 comments:

  1. I was thinking where are you as didn't see you around in blogging for a while...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for missing me. Ha ha! The internet connection is not good up there in Fraser's hill.

      Delete
  2. I hate having car problems. Hate it. I'm glad things worked out well for the both of you.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. I hate having car problems too.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Most times they make things very convenient but when they are not working well, they become a pain!

      Delete
  4. Thank goodness!! you came back home safely.. Hope your legs are fine now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krishna. We are all safely home now.

      Delete
  5. I had missed you! I am just glad you are O.K., and car trouble is never fun. Love and hugs, and welcome back. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I miss you too. Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  6. Such a shame about your car, never an easy situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is what is expected when we own a car and drive a car.

      Delete
  7. So glad for you that helpers came along, and that things did not end up much worse! Yes, it is always good to carry jumper cables to get the car started. SO, the trouble was a leak in the radiator hose, that explains why it had all drained out. You have a very cute car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. Somehow, everything works out well and ends well.

      Delete
  8. interesting post...thx for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stressful situation....Yes is good to have Jumper Cables :-) But of course for winter is better to buy new battery..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alice. I have experienced flat battery a few times.

      Delete
  10. It is embarrassing also as well as a pain. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy your car is small but nice. What model is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. Its a Kenari EZ under Perodua (Malaysia).

      Delete
  12. I agree Nancy. It's important to have a little basic car knowledge. It should come with getting a license. I think everyone should know how to top up the oil and water, change a tyre and jump start/ or roll start a car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. I am glad I have some basic knowledge of all these and all these help to keep the car in good condition. Other than all these, it is out of my knowledge.

      Delete
  13. Cars can be such a nuisance at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, William. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  14. I hate when my car not working. Been stalled few times so I am a bit paranoid now. Send my car for checking every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also go for regular services of our cars. Sometimes things just happened and can't be avoided and I really dread it when it happens.

      Delete
  15. Oh dear! I am glad it all ended well. That is one of my fears about driving and that is why I never drive LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. This doesn't happens all the time but when it does happen, it can be very stressful and a pain. But most of the time, driving a car can be very convenient.

      Delete
  16. I think most car insurance policy these days in Malaysia comes with an 'auto-assist'insurance plan when your car breaks down.You might want to call your car insurance agent to find our more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chuah for the info. I think I will find out more about the auto-assist plan. I think we didn't pay attention to that.

      Delete
  17. É sempre um problema quando os carros avariam.
    Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. These are the stressful moments for drivers.

      Delete
  18. Replies
    1. It happened to be one of those weekend! Have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  19. Thank you, De. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello and greetings,

    I am willing to have a guest post/link insertion on your website. Please get back to me with best possible offer.
    P.S- will be placing a relevant link.

    Thanks and Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My email address is at the right top of this blog. Please email me with the details of your offer. Thank you.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...