Friday 25 November 2016

Woke Up To A Misty Morning & Outing In Fraser's Hill.

I didn't get to sleep on the 1st night in Fraser's Hill until the wee hours of the next morning. I didn't know what time I fell asleep. This is nothing unusual for me because I normally don't sleep well on the 1st night when away from home. I think I miss my own pillow and bed! On the 1st morning, we didn't get to see any spectacular sunrise. It rained the previous night and we had a misty morning.
We only managed a short walk before breakfast.
While waiting for the others, we had time to enjoy fresh cool air and plants.
Purple and White Globe Amaranth growing in the compound.
A kind of air plants hanging from the branches of the fir tree. The white spots look like tiny flowers.
I think this is the Scarlet Sage or Salvia Splendens growing at the foot of the tree.
We found this tiny purple berries on the ground amongst the creepers.
These group photos are for sweet memories.
As long as one of us is able to drive, we can continue to visit Fraser's Hill.
Or looking to the younger generation to take over the steering wheel!
A few more shots because we had the clock tower to ourselves. No other tourists waiting in line.
Young man's first visit to Fraser's Hill.
Found this Anthurium plant with seeds forming on the spadix near the clock tower.
Plenty of Impatiens x hawkeri flowers blooming opposite the clock tower and small yellow sunflowers were attracting lots of bees.
I would have missed taking these photos if not for the sharp eyes of our friend. These look like monster centipedes from afar. They were about as long as 5 to 6 feet or more!
These are the Giant Lobster Claws Heliconia, hidden from the main road.
Hubby stopped the car for us to take these view of the surrounding tree tops covered with mist.
I didn't had a chance to get a clear or sharp focus of the road below because of the approaching mist. The grey spots are part of the road below.

Linking to Skywatch Friday.

I have swept away your sins like a cloud.
I have scattered your offenses like the morning mist.
Oh, return to me, for I have paid the price to set you free.
(Isaiah 44:22, New Living Translation-NLT)

58 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and gorgeous smiling faces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminded me of my 1st night in Cameron Highlands. I did sleep well. It rained that night and next morning, we couldnt see the sunrise except mist around us. Pretty cooling to walk though.

    Beautiful group photos as well as the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I like to see the mist around us too. Planning a Cameron Highland trip in the future. Have a good day!

      Delete
  3. Your first picture is just beautiful, and my favorite! The mist adds a wonderful touch. The clock tower is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful photos!! I wish I were walking among all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely place. With wonderful nature

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also like you, I always look out for the plants and flowers and start snapping photos LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...great! Then we can make a good team happily snapping away!

      Delete
  7. The commanding view over the trees was stunning. Beautiful photos that each time you look at them will remind you of a wonderful break away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. My blog is my photo album. A great place to refer back for sweet memories.

      Delete
  8. Usually i also don't sleep well during the 1st day of travelling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we travel together, we can keep each other company since we both can't sleep on the 1st night.

      Delete
  9. Lovely pictures capturing the beauty and marvels of nature and some great smiles too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Next time you must bring pillow to everywhere, nancy!! Lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not always possible but I will keep watch over the 1st night and knocked out the 2nd night. Lol!

      Delete
  11. Uma maravilha de fotografias.
    Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Have a good weekend too! Hugs...

      Delete
  12. ...so many exotic flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow that flower is long - what a giant! have a good weekend! is this bungalow available for rent by just anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. This bungalow is open to public for rental but preference given to their staffs. If you are interested, you can contact 05-2417844 or email: holidaybungalow@klk.com.my for more information.

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much for the contact details. I will call them and see whether I can arrange something for next year. Thank you again. :)

      Delete
  14. Great photos and I love the Giant Lobster Claws Heliconia, so unusual. Have a great weekend, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I think it is scary, looks very like a giant centipede! Lovely weekend!

      Delete
  15. The clock tower is a good location for phototaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The visit to Fraser's Hill is not complete without a photo shot with the clock tower.

      Delete
  16. It's that clock that really catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is cute and unique and sits right in the centre of the roundabout.

      Delete
  17. Common trips a few people are very nice. I like the place where you were, flowers and mountains in the mist. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Giga. I love the flowers and misty mountains too!

      Delete
  18. It looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely place to visit. Everyone looks so happy too. Excellent.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. We had a wonderful time there. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  20. Lovely post dear! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beauty. Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  21. Nice post =) I have followed you through gfc, would be great if you could follow back =)

    beautorgeousworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. I will follow you back. Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  22. Just lovely! I just planted some indoor bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jenn, Some of my garden plants are doing well before of the rain.

      Delete
  23. Those purple berries look like Ribena berries!

    That young man must have been pampered by all the oldies hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. The Ribena berries look very juicy! Well, we the oldies enjoyed having this young man with us. He was very entertaining during the whole trip.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...