Wednesday 9 November 2016

Deep Pink Fragrant Roses In My Garden.

In an earlier post, I have shared about the rose plants that once grew in my garden. You can click here to see the types of roses I once had. Those rose plants no longer existed in my garden. They were attacked by the mealy bugs again and again even after I cut off the affected parts. I was so fed up that I got rid of them all.
One day, an ex-colleague dropped by my house to collect some baby plants from me and she passed me some rose cuttings from her garden. The propagation was successful and the plants grew. But after some time, the tender shoots and young leaves started to dry up. I kept cutting them off but the same thing happened again to the shoots and leaves. I almost lose heart over the rose plants.
I had with me a pail of sawdust collected from my friend's factory and I added the sawdust to some of my flower pots. I added a layer to the rose plants as well. Surprisingly after a few weeks, I noticed that the tender shoots and young leaves no longer dry up. In fact, they were growing very well. I am wondering whether it has anything to do with the sawdust that helps to retain water and keeps the soil moist? 
 I am now enjoying the blooms of the rose plants and they have a nice, sweet rose fragrance.
You can see that the young leaves and buds are very healthy.
The plants are starting to grow tall. I think I will have to shift the pot to a place where it can get support to lean on.
This is a pot of deep pink roses which is a few months old. I am very happy with my rose plants. Thank you, my dear friend for your stem cuttings.
Rose petals have many health benefits. Eating rose petals or drinking rose petals water are believed to help in weight loss, used as a natural aphrodisiac, help to ease symptoms of piles, well-known astringent for skin.

 The rose petals paste can be used for treating of acne and lightens lip colour. Rose petals in hot water bath releases the fragrance that helps relaxes the body and mind, helps to relieve stress and depression.
Linking with Floral Passions.

There the mandrakes give forth their fragrance,
and the rarest fruits are at our doors,
the new as well as old,
for I have stored them up for my beloved.
(Song of Solomon 7:13, The Living Bible-TLB)

65 comments:

  1. They are full and beautiful! You must be a natural gardener to use the sawdust even though you had not read about it. I wonder if it kept the bugs off too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. So far so good to see the plant doing very well. And I hope it will keep the bugs away too!

      Delete
  2. So pretty Nancy. Enjoy the warmth - I'm buried in snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta. I wish I could send some warmth over to you and you send some snow to me too! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. They are so gorgeous! You have an amazing talent with plants and flowers, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I have to admit that I am not so blessed with some other plants. I almost gave this up too but so happy that it likes the saw dust!

      Delete
  4. Wow, Nancy! Your roses are so beautiful. As I understand it, they are quite manja, not easy to plant but you have done it! I had a rose plant in my garden once, and as expected it died :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so manja until I almost gave up on roses. Thanks to my friend for the cuttings and another friend for the saw dust. I hope the plant will stay happy and healthy with the saw dust and no bugs to attack it.

      Delete
  5. wow!! lovely rose.. so beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krishna. I am so happy with the roses.

      Delete
  6. Roses are fantastic this one is lovely you have green fingers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. I almost gave up but friend gave some cuttings.

      Delete
  7. Roses are fantastic this one is lovely you have green fingers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much about green fingers. I think it has to do with the saw dust because there was a great transformation in the plant.

      Delete
  8. You are very busy girl! Beautiful rose :-0 I love all flowers but I cannot keep them at home because my husband has alergy on it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alice. A pensioner got to keep myself busy with gardening or else I will be very bored. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  9. Your garden is just beautiful, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. loves all those flowers, they are so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have the gift of a green thumb!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I think it has to do with the saw dust that I have added to the pot.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful rose and such a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excelentes fotografias destas belas flores.
    Um abraço e continuação de boa semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
  14. The rose is so beautiful and striking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Que bela colheita de imagens!!!!
    Beijo grande, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the small of roses, so many these day with all the inbreeding have no smell left which is so sad. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I too like the fragrance of roses.

      Delete
  17. Thank you, dear. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that color. It just jumps out at you.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. The flowers make me smile.

      Delete
  19. That's a stunning colour! Using sawdust must be a good thing for plants. I'll keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. I am thinking of using saw dust for other plants as well to see if it is really works.

      Delete
  20. this post is so lovely and the pics are so mesmerizing..

    ReplyDelete
  21. The rose flower is so beautiful

    My favorite flowers are daisy, tulips and roses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. Roses is one of my favourite flowers.

      Delete
  22. Your patience and dedication to your flowers is inspiring Nancy. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise. This hobby keeps me occupied.

      Delete
  23. I'm glad you had success with such colorful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, John. I am very happy with the roses!

      Delete
  24. Beautiful roses x

    ♥♥♥
    Follower # 156
    Following you dear, waiting for you now :)
    I will feel Happy to see you on my blog. Have a lovely day. Kisses xoxo
    beautydrugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hina Naz. I am following you. Have a good day!

      Delete
  25. Oh, my. what a lovely time to spend in your garden. Beautiful blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A beautiful rose. I bet my wife would like to have one in our garden too. Maybe I get her a stem cutting of the roses so that she could grow rose in our place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ishmael. I am sure your wife will love it and that your rose plant will bloom beautifully.

      Delete
  27. I like these roses. They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...