Thursday 10 November 2016

Delicious Glutinous Rice At Kedai Kopi Sun Yuan Loong, Ipoh.

At one of the gatherings with the Golden Girls, we had breakfast at Kedai Kopi Sun Yuan Loong. This coffee shop is located at Medan Bendahara 2, Taman Taiping, Ipoh. We were there just before 9 am on a Saturday morning. As usual, the place was packed with customers.

We were looking forward to enjoy the chee cheong fun and the steamed yam cake. What a great disappointment to find the stall closed that day. Anyway, we turned our attention to the other stalls. I knew what I wanted to order. I went straight to the stall to order the glutinous rice which I had tasted before and I like it very much.
I ordered a set of a mixture of yellow and brown glutinous rice. It came with roasted pork and peanuts on the side and slices of Chinese sausage and bbq pork as toppings.
Plus curry gravy with potatoes was served separately in a small plate.
After tasting the glutinous rice, my friends ordered a set each to take away.  One bought for her hubby and another bought for her sister. And the feedback was both the hubby and sister enjoyed the delicious glutinous rice very much.
On the way back to our table after ordering the glutinous rice, I stopped at the drinks counter and ordered these items.
The above were what I ordered for sharing with my friends. I have eaten one piece of toasted bread before I remembered about taking snapshots of the food.
My friends ordered non-spicy Prawn noodles minus the chili oil. For me, I will request for extra spicy version plus the chili oil.
*     *     *     *     *
Thanking God for good friends. A friend sent me the following quote:

As we go through life, we start to understand that it's not important to have lots of friends. What truly matters is that we have real friends.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Good Fences.
White fence outside the Ipoh Methodist Girls' School.
These fences photos were taken after our breakfast with the Golden Girls.

Linking to Good Fences.

Out of the north He comes in golden splendor;
God comes in awesome majesty.
(Job 37:22, New International Version-NIV)

59 comments:

  1. Hummm coisas boas e saborosas.
    Um abraço e continuação de boa semana.
    Andarilhar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like nasi kunyit and when I was small, people distribute nasi kunyit and chicken curry when their baby celebrate their full moon. That was something to look forwards to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also look forward to the full moon nasi kunyit and chicken curry but now not so common.

      Delete
  3. I do like the look of the glutinous rice and pork!
    Great fences today too outside the school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These dishes looks so tasty, I'm going to cook my lunch now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, the food all looks yummy! I love shrimp! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of the rice and pork, always nice to share a meal with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. See the Prawn Mee makes me crave for it, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love prawn mee but must be spicy ones.

      Delete
  8. I coming for a visit and go eat with you and your husband, then go look at all the neat fences.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandee, you are most welcome and you will get to taste our Malaysian cuisine which you can't find elsewhere.

      Delete
  9. The dishes certainly look very good, Nancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely fence shot and great 'foodie' shots too ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a peaceful week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I prefer yellow noodles than bee hoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over here, I noticed that most people will order a mixture of yellow noodles and bee hoon. For prawn mee, I like only yellow noodles.

      Delete
  12. Interesting food:D
    They must be good:D

    Follow me I follow you ?:)
    grlfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to try the rice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will like it. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  14. I agree with your quote totally! For me, the best would be the prawn noodles. Are eggs for breakfast very popular there? Here, this is what most people eat. Eggs and cereal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. Eggs are quite popular here too and they can be served in many ways.

      Delete
  15. As ever you are making me hungry again!!! have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. roasted pork and potatoes sound good to me. :) i like the white fence outside the school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nancy, you sure know how to find the yummiest food! Good morning to you and the golden girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. Good afternoon to you. Have a great day!

      Delete
  18. The eggs tarts look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. The eggs tarts taste good too!

      Delete
  19. Never had roast pork with that kind of rice before. The egg tarts look good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacy, this is the only place that serves roast pork with glutinious rice.

      Delete
  20. Your food photos just get my saliva going and wanting to eat. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruth for the compliment. Have a great day!

      Delete
  21. All the food looks good. So tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These breakfast items are just so different from what I eat for breakfast here in the US. - I can't imaging eating rice with bbq pork for breakfast. - Nice fences today, I like the white outside the girls school.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...