Saturday 12 November 2016

Enjoying A Delicious Home Cooked Meal.

No, I didn't cook this meal. It was home cooked by a very good cook. We were invited by our friends to share their home cooked dinner. It was a wonderful meal, very well enjoyed by us all. 
All these delicious dishes all cooked ready by the time we arrived at their house. Now I feel hungry just looking at the photos.
 Minced pork and French beans cooked with spicy dried shrimp paste (sambal belacan). I can eat one big plate of rice just with this dish alone.
Sweet sour pig's trotter with white radish - a dish to increase your appetite and a great favourite!
 Sweet potato leaves stir fried with spicy dried shrimp paste (sambal belacan). Another appetizing dish.
 Long beans egg omelette.
 Stir fried Chinese kale (kai lan in Cantonese) with fish paste.
Praise God for our friend's hospitality and a very delicious dinner.
Thank you, friends for a wonderful dinner!
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Saturday's Critters. 
 These are the latest photos of the little kittens born to the cat named Fluffy which I have posted earlier. The photos were taken when they were about 2 weeks old. You can click here to read and look at the newly born cute kitties and their mama.
 The kitties are so much bigger and more active now.
 They are getting more inquisitive.
 This little cutie was deep in thought. Hmmm let me think.....
Linking to Saturday's Critters.

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but not crushed and broken.
We are perplexed because we don't know why things happen as they do,
but we don't give up and quit.
We are hunted down, but God never abandons us.
We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going.
(2 Corinthians 4:8-9, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. The kittens are adorable! Will they all have homes? Your friend is a very good cook! I could never cook so many dishes all at once, I would burn down the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. My friend will find homes for the kittens. Lol! Neither can I cook so many delicious dishes all at once. I will be so stressed out with all the preparation.

      Delete
  2. Oo..what a feast. Your friend is indeed a wonderful cook, Nancy and you are blessed to have been invited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always a blessing to be invited to join their home cooked meals.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I love all that good food! Everyone must have enjoyed themselves to the max. Oh, those kittens are so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are blessed with wonderful friends. How lovely to share such a beautiful meal with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. It was a wonderful meal with friends.

      Delete
  5. A true feast, Nancy! Cute, cute kittens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Nancy, home cooked meals are the best. It all looks delicious. Love the sweet kittens. Great photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  7. There is something about kittens and puppies!
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, on the home cooked meal. Everything looks fabulous.

    Aww on the kitties. So precious.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. The omelet looks delicious, Nancy, and the home cooked meal overall looks wonderful! The kittens are adorable! And my very first cat, given to me by my parents when I was just 6 years old, was named Fluffy...she was a lovely cat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda for your wonderful comments. I too have a pet cat by I can't remember its name. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  10. The kittens are so cute! That meal looks delicious.

    We went with a neighbor to a Chinese restaurant nearby that she said had the best Peking duck in the area. I'd never had it before. It was great! The head chef brings it to the table and cuts it.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. I am a Peking duck fan! I am glad you enjoyed the duck. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  11. Lovely kittens!:) Happy weekend!:)

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  12. The kittens are so cute! I like the radish and eggs dishes. Your friend cooks so well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't had kittens to play with for a while now! Used to appear at my house all the time when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to like and even had a pet cat. But now near my house there are many stray cats and I no longer keep any pet cat.

      Delete
  14. What a yummy meal, I love all the dishes here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourites would be the egg omelette, the minced meat and the sambal sweet potato leaves

      Delete
    2. Ha ha..they are all delicious. I like the minced meat and sambal sweet potato leaves too.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Libby, Have a lovely day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...